Is McDavid Top 10 For You All Time Already? If Not How Much More Does He Have to do?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
He will 95% end his career top-10 all-time. But he's not there yet.

He has the absolute top-end peak to get there (Rosses, Pearsons, Hart, likely Rocket this year). But he's not even remotely close enough with career totals to be able to get top-10 attention in my opinion.

Even if this year is his last Pearson/Ross etc. He'll still accumulate top-10 point, goal, Hart finishes and just raw point/goals that will bring him to the top-10 category.

As of right now, he's essentially Jagr's top-end peak, but with:
-> 500 less goals
-> 1,100 less points
-> 2 less top-10 Hart finishes
-> 2 less top-10 goal finishes
-> 4 less top-10 point finishes

TLDR: He's got the peak level needed. Just needs to accumulate more high-end finishes and raw stats.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
His playoffs last year did a lot to jump him up for me, but not into the top 10 yet.

Re-evaluating when he hits 30 years old should be interesting though.

Reactions: CBJx614

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
he gotta do one thing

1673207998979.png

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
No, I don't even have him as a top 10 centre, yet.

He's still in the first half of his career. He's likely only at like the 35-40% career mark.

After McDavid's age Crosby
* won two Pearsons
* won an Art Ross and Hart
* won 2 Cups and 2 Conn Smythes
* had 4 seasons as a Hart finalists beyond his Hart win
* won an Olympic Gold
* won a World Cup and MVP
* won a World Championship
* won a Rocket Richard

McDavid has a lot of career left to write. No point jumping the gun on his ranking. He will absolutely jump up to a top 10 player all time. But enjoy the accomplishments when they come. They will feel more fulfilling if you wait.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
It’s still too soon to give him that honour, but he’s on the trajectory. After this season, his trophy case will look top 10 all time for individual awards most likely. Just needs some team success to start falling into place

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Take a good look at the other top 10 players of all time and what they've done and achieved.
Do you consider McDavid having a better resumé than any of them? You shouldnt because he hasnt.

Safe to say he has a very good shot at getting there but it's still a ride to get there.

Reactions: TheSanny

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
No, I don't even have him as a top 10 centre, yet.

He's still in the first half of his career. He's likely only at like the 35-40% career mark.

After McDavid's age Crosby
* won two Pearsons
* won an Art Ross and Hart
* won 2 Cups and 2 Conn Smythes
* had 4 seasons as a Hart finalists beyond his Hart win
* won an Olympic Gold
* won a World Cup and MVP
* won a World Championship
* won a Rocket Richard

McDavid’s own regular season trophy case vastly dwarfs Crosby’s to this point, let’s be real here. I would also really love to know what ten centres alone you would have above him lmao.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
McDavid’s own regular season trophy case vastly dwarfs Crosby’s to this point, let’s be real here. I would also really love to know what ten centres alone you would have above him lmao.
1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Jean Beliveau
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Howie Morenz
6. Phil Esposito
7. Mark Messier
8. Frank Nighbor
9. Stan Mikita
10. Joe Sakic
11. Bobby Clarke
12. Bryan Trottier
13. Cyclone Taylor
14. Steve Yzerman
15. Connor McDavid

Every centre ahead of him has won a Cup. Everyone besides Mikita won at least two. Everyone has played at least twice as many seasons as McDavid. Everyone besides Mikita was the best forward on a Cup winning team.

If McDavid pulls off the season he's in the process of doing, he will jump at least 5 guys ahead of him.

After first 7 seasons, he's third behind Gretzky and Lemieux. But everyone else continued to add and add and add. McDavid will, but he hasn't yet.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Jean Beliveau
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Howie Morenz
6. Phil Esposito
7. Mark Messier
8. Frank Nighbor
9. Stan Mikita
10. Joe Sakic
11. Bobby Clarke
12. Bryan Trottier
13. Cyclone Taylor
14. Steve Yzerman
15. Connor McDavid

Every centre ahead of him has won a Cup.

So a Cup is the only thing that defines a player's worth? Beliveau should be ahead of Lemieux and Gretzky then.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I mean I guess he should be at least top 10 in scoring before being considered top 10

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
He is an insane player but like the others have said, he has to win. His career is still too young to be compared to the others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad