Prospect Info: Is it too soon to discuss the 2021 draft?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
MyNhlDraft is slotting the Kings at 6 overall. Not that it means anything.

2021 NHL Mock Draft | 2021 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

If you click on this one enough (2021 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon), you actually get Arizona winning the draft lottery, but then forfeiting the pick, so the 1st team to pick is 2nd??? I dunno, something needs to be fixed. Incidentally, in that same scenario, I got the Kings picking 1st after that Arizona lottery win. Strange, strange times......

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Ran it once and the Kings jumped 6 spots to #1 overall. My work is done here.
Rbus7nksJ0H2VhoIIZgO_Wp4wo_nWHx_dJjekqc1QWjxNkq58CZauuIaatBogut_lMPVYb8xOaQmHvVXIwKRa6-qFMRkVC5mSdduyhSIimVeJrVV0c_NjrGUs5yK4hojSyu1C_TJtmtDfsenix2YwyOkwfAZHVyz7-yQNn66yxCiH2fSoL9B

Reactions: cyclones22

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
While it would be great to win #1 overall, or a top 3 pick.. given where the Kings are at in the rebuild, it's also totally fine if they don't end up picking that high.
  • Owen Power
  • Brandt Clarke
  • Carson Lambos
  • Simon Edvinsson
  • Luke Hughes
If the Kings have a top 5/top 10 pick and can snag one of these 5 defensemen, that would be unreal for the franchise. Hell, even if they aren't picking top 10... the 2021 draft could be the time to make a move up in the draft and get that last missing piece for the future (blue chip d prospect).

They have the assets to do it, so even if the Kings do surprise this year and end up competing for a playoff spot, we could still see them add that top d prospect. Which is incredible to think about.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
For example, how are prospects supposed to be ranked at the end of the 2020-2021 season if said prospects ended up not playing due to regional pandemic shut-downs?

DISCUSS!!!
Perhaps they scrub the 2021 draft...The NHL hierarchy has talked of wanting a 19 year old draft for years here's their chance

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I hope we are. Lots of really high quality defensemen next year. Top ten should be pretty good.
Don't really care about D-men moving forward the Kings need scoring wingers,though I'm hopeful that Fagemo,Kaliyev,Simontaival and Chromiak help out in that department. Not sure who fills top 6 roles though? I can see LA converting Thomas to play with Byfield! And Aatu Jamsen being an interesting prospect who's scoring at 1.5 PPG in Finnish U-20. Perhaps Director of European scouting C Ruuttu convinces Yannetti that Aatu Raty can be a LWinger that plays top 6 minutes and thrives and is deserving of a top pick if there is a 2021 draft?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
If you click on this one enough (2021 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon), you actually get Arizona winning the draft lottery, but then forfeiting the pick, so the 1st team to pick is 2nd??? I dunno, something needs to be fixed. Incidentally, in that same scenario, I got the Kings picking 1st after that Arizona lottery win. Strange, strange times......
Perhaps now(Covid) is the time Arizona gets moved to Portland,Houston or San Diego...any place is better than Phoenix who must be hemorrhaging money and the NHL can't be "keeping them afloat" forever?Ditto for pathetic Florida...Bettman needs to move them to Quebec city a real hockey market!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
For example, how are prospects supposed to be ranked at the end of the 2020-2021 season if said prospects ended up not playing due to regional pandemic shut-downs?

DISCUSS!!!
Perhaps they have a split draft in 2022. 2003 players drafted first and after 32 have been selected the process starts again with 2004 players being drafted. That would mean the rest of the pool of 2003 born players are automatic Free Agents and able to negotiate with any team with money or opportunity,what do you think? It won't matter to Seattle to not have a first rounder in 2021 because that kid of 18 won't crack the line up anyways!

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
He just had buyer's remorse after trading for Jack Johnson. Imagine if they got rid of their first rounder in 2015 because under no circumstances did he want to "waste" a first round pick on another Wolverine, Kyle Connor.

Still can't believe we traded that 2015 first round pick, when it has become one of the deapest draft in recent history. On a happy note Boston had three straight picks and drafted 2 busts and a third liner. Maybe not a third liner but they could have had Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Boeser, Konecny and even Aho in the second. :laugh:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Still can't believe we traded that 2015 first round pick, when it has become one of the deapest draft in recent history. On a happy note Boston had three straight picks and drafted 2 busts and a third liner. Maybe not a third liner but they could have had Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Boeser, Konecny and even Aho in the second. :laugh:

And soon they’ll be scrambling to replace their aging core. They still have Pastrnak, McAvoy and DeBrusk, but having any of those aforementioned names would have set the Bruins up for long term success and helped ease the minutes for their veterans like Bergeron and Marchand.

Reactions: ru4reals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad