is it just me or is Necas going to explode this year?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
with the bridge and just him as a player, i don't see how he doesn't hit 80+ this year. i just have a feeling he's going to heat up

how about you guys?
Don’t you put that jinx on us. The appropriate thing to say is that he sucks, he’s never going to figure how to be anything but a singles dancing competitor performing his art to an underwhelmed audience and is going to score 50 pts max.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
with the bridge and just him as a player, i don't see how he doesn't hit 80+ this year. i just have a feeling he's going to heat up

how about you guys?

Until there's evidence otherwise, I expect the same Necas we've had in the past. A talented player, but obviously playing in the wrong system to fully utilize those talents. Thus, his point totals will never reach true star numbers (barring a long term injury to Aho or Jarvis)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He has to commit to the system here.

Get the puck deep. Use that speed and creativity once we've gained the zone, not dancing at the blue line.

If he doesn't, he's gonna be somewhere else.

It really is that simple, I think.

I think he’s going to be somewhere else regardless. But if he wants to put up points and show off to whichever team he’s going to be playing on in the near future, he does need to do those things you mentioned.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I think he’s going to be somewhere else regardless. But if he wants to put up points and show off to whichever team he’s going to be playing on in the near future, he does need to do those things you mentioned.
Quite often during his “dancing” he barely gets his teammates involved and as importantly even skilled players use the body periodically to both get the puck or stop opposing offense. When in that mode, Necas doesn’t.

I don’t think that Necas has value in any system. He needs to be the playoff Necas to have value in the League.

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
So, Teuvo Teravainen, the OTHER Canes player who had 53 points last year, who signed as a free agent for $1,000,000 per year LESS than Necas, is now tied for 5th in the league in scoring on a pace for over 130 points this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad