• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I have a interesting and realistic trade proposal in mind, but if the general consensus is Detroit will make the playoffs, I would not then proceed with my proposal idea

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
I voted yes..........The Metrics aren't good in the first 2 games but Talbot a good regular season goalie might get them there....He played a pretty big part in cementing L.A. in a playoff spot early last year if i'm not mistaken (941 SV% in November)..........

The offense is good enough to do the rest.....

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
They've got the skill, but it's tough to break through from the "close but not quite" territory.

The last couple of years they don't generate enough consistent pressure and spend enough time in the high danger area. When they're hot and scoring from everywhere/on the PP it's fine, but when they're cold those bad stretches keep going for too long and they're kind of losing in multiple different ways, whether it's getting completely worked, not generating enough offense or losing a lead.

We'll see if they're a different team this year, but at least the roster is largely the same, and coaching as well. Not a fan of the vets on D either.

A great season from one of their goalies would do wonders and mask some of their issues, kind of like Vasy for Tampa in 17-18. But Talbot has been like the team lately. He's had solid stretches and then been sitting on the bench in favor of another goalie.

In my opinion for them to make it, it takes a good season and probably a couple other teams to disappoint unless something has changed. I had them as the most likely to make the playoffs last year of the Detroit/Ottawa/Buffalo trio, and while they did only miss by a tiebreaker, it was a great opportunity and they couldn't take advantage. I'm not making predicting them to make the playoffs again.

Reactions: Coffees

Crow

May 19, 2014
I’d give em about a 39.2% chance. Don’t really want to vote no but I guess I should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad