Is Delaware North in bigger trouble than we thought?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Someday, Jacobs will be the richest guy in the cemetary......I hope his money does him good there.
Yeah and at that point his 6 offspring will try to run the team by committee, and that's hardly a way to run a sports franchise IMO. Not sure but maybe he left one as the (brain fade can't think of the title) top dog in the group.

Reactions: BMC

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
That being the case he should push for better education and accountability of the DoPS, and the On and Off Ice Officials. One phone call from JJ when the B's get jobbed by a ref IMO would change things a lot. Not asking for special treatment etc but across the board fairness. These OIO seem to do their jobs as fans instead of impartial professionals. No matter the money issues that JJ is having, he needs to better protect his "product" while improving the overall game league wise by insisting on disciplinary actions for these guys when the egregiously screw up in the face of the truth. With so many camera angles (I know they aren't 100% accurate) there are times where the whole world can see an injustice .

JJ cares more about the money side rather than the on ice product.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
doubtful they can anyways, same with KSG, which already owns the NFL/MLS Teams.

No legal reason why that couldn't

Keep in mind a key part the FSG ownership has a BS from Babson College and a masters in real estate development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

linda-pizzuti-henry-boston-globe-1.jpg

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
FSG has done a great job with Liverpool and won recent World Series.

I also like that Fenway hasn't been imploded for a cookie cutter in the burbs. New MLB parks to me are just as generic as 70s era FB/BB combos like Three Rivers Stadium.

Chaim's rebuild appears to be well executed. If they get good Chris Sale for the 2nd half of the season with him not needing to give a ton of innings we might be on to something. Not dumping Eovaldi or Vasquez gives them my full support they punted on the right players sucks Mookie stuck it to them year 1 but most of the moves look good.

I guess I can understanad that ownership not being popular with people who like the former USFL owner who killed that league and is blacklisted from owning an MLB/NFL/NHL/NBA team mind you.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Fenway Sports Group buying the Bruins would be terrifying. The organizational philosophy whould shift to the Tom Werner model of producing a marketing focused TV Show that happens to play a sport.

Yeah, as a Red Sox fan I'm pretty okay with the four championships and ample spending ownership has committed to since buying the team. And I already hate Bruins broadcasts, so who cares about that?

Reactions: Richard Lather

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yeah and at that point his 6 offspring will try to run the team by committee, and that's hardly a way to run a sports franchise IMO. Not sure but maybe he left one as the (brain fade can't think of the title) top dog in the group.

I agree. Look what happened to the San Francisco 49ers- another team owned by siblings. As you say hopefully JJ has designated one of the six to be more equal than the others & given him/her the power to make it stick. Otherwise....?

Reactions: Gordoff

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No legal reason why that couldn't

Keep in mind a key part the FSG ownership has a BS from Babson College and a masters in real estate development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

linda-pizzuti-henry-boston-globe-1.jpg
doubtful because I cannot see NESN wanting to kill off NBC Sports Boston, Fenway, even if DN wants to/forced to sell their piece of the RSN just because they can without jeopardizing either Liverpool or another entity such as Roush Fenway that they've invested in.

I look at this objectively if NBCSN can go away with a stroke of a pen or a corporate decision so does FSG want to control 2 of the 5 franchises if u count the Revolution under KSG, AND legally can they do that without paying a penalty in another sector... would that be approved though without jeopardizing either the Sox or NESN, since NESN is fully under the FSG Banner from the day they acquired it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Fenway Sports Group buying the Bruins would be terrifying. The organizational philosophy whould shift to the Tom Werner model of producing a marketing focused TV Show that happens to play a sport.
I frankly do not need to see the Bruins broadcast clean house for cheaper talent who objectify women just to please their male audience.

Under Tom Warner you will get that. Hell he'd probably bring back the ice girls and make them dress like the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
doubtful because I cannot see NESN wanting to kill off NBC Sports Boston, Fenway, even if DN wants to/forced to sell their piece of the RSN just because they can without jeopardizing either Liverpool or another entity such as Roush Fenway that they've invested in.

I look at this objectively if NBCSN can go away with a stroke of a pen or a corporate decision so does FSG want to control 2 of the 5 franchises if u count the Revolution under KSG, AND legally can they do that without paying a penalty in another sector... would that be approved though without jeopardizing either the Sox or NESN, since NESN is fully under the FSG Banner from the day they acquired it.

@CHRDANHUTCH - NBC Sports Boston has no connection to either the Red Sox or Bruins - NONE

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yeah, as a Red Sox fan I'm pretty okay with the four championships and ample spending ownership has committed to since buying the team. And I already hate Bruins broadcasts, so who cares about that?

Yes, I appreciate the championships also.

But they won't be able to spend like that in the capped NHL.

Bruins can't generate the capital that the Sox & Liverpool do. May not be a great investment for them.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tom Werner would try to sell fans chunks of ice from the TD Garden playing surface for $79.99 each, then put Dave O'Brien and Jahmai Webster on the call for Bruins games.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I frankly do not need to see the Bruins broadcast clean house for cheaper talent who objectify women just to please their male audience.

Under Tom Warner you will get that. Hell he'd probably bring back the ice girls and make them dress like the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

Lol the “Ice Girls”

Somehow I kind of forgot about that phase of on ice entertainment/clean-up. Feels so long ago now. Always felt completely ridiculous even if I hadn’t yet opened my eyes to the truly objectifying nature of it until I got a bit older.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Lol the “Ice Girls”

Somehow I kind of forgot about that phase of on ice entertainment/clean-up. Feels so long ago now. Always felt completely ridiculous even if I hadn’t yet opened my eyes to the truly objectifying nature of it until I got a bit older.

And yet some NHL teams continue to do it
Golden-Knights-Ice-girl.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad