Is Connor Mcdavid a "tier above" Sidney Crosby as a player?

Is Connor Mcdavid a "tier above" Sidney Crosby as a player?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
I'm in a sarcastic mood tonight it wasn't personal but I apologize if it caused you any harm.

I'm going to skip this thread for a while because nothing is gained in the last 50 pages for anyone IMO.
Well to be fair, you haven’t added anything outside of snarky posts and attacks so. Probably for the better

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Kucherov is the best russian player of all time. One of only 5 players in history to record 100 assists in a season.

Healthy, full 82 game seasons both times he beat McDavid.

But injuries happen in hockey so full credit to Kucherov for beating Mcdavid both seasons.

He’s also leagues beyond a Jaime Benn. Still don’t understand why people are pretending he or Tavares are in the same realm as Kucherov, MacKinnon, or Draisaitl. Kane perhaps was for a season.

People, Benn was a nice player, but come on. Those were some dark years where a player of his ilk could finish 1st and 2nd in scoring in back to back seasons, directly after Crosby had a supposedly dominant Art Ross win.

Wish McDavid could beat Nikita Kucherov.

Before last season, he had done so 6 out of the previous 7 seasons. The most recent being a 40 point obliteration while each played the same number of games. Again, you’re pretending Kucherov and Benn are in the same stratosphere and that’s as disingenuous as it gets.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If Crosby were capable of outscoring Benn those years, don't you think he would have? Or are you suggesting he simply decided to not score? Or he simply decided to just not play those 7 games?
Well he won a SC in the second year we are talking about here so maybe his #1 goal wasn't to simply outscore Jamie Benn to be a distraction 8 years later.

Hart voters clearly indicated who the better player was both years and that Crosby was the best NHL forward in that 2 year sample but keep on harping about a point that doesn't really mean anything.

I'll ask you again since you never answered the first time.

So you think Crosby was lower in scoring those years to Benn because he was incapable of scoring more points than Benn?

I'll add a second question,

Would any NHL GM be talking Benn over Crosby at any time in their careers even for just the next season after Benn outscored him by a couple of points?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kucherov is the best russian player of all time. One of only 5 players in history to record 100 assists in a season.

But injuries happen in hockey so full credit to Kucherov for beating Mcdavid both seasons.

Kucherov is the best Russian of all time.

I’ll see my way out then.

Before last season, he had done so 6 out of the previous 7 seasons. The most recent being a 40 point obliteration while each played the same number of games. Again, you’re pretending Kucherov and Benn are in the same stratosphere and that’s as disingenuous as it gets.

Jamie Benn outscored Sidney Crosby as many times as Kucherov has outscored McDavid.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You really love that word, yet have no idea what it means…

“Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.”

So tell me, what is “insincere” about my stats…what am I pretending? Seriously…what part of my post didnt make sense to you?..

resorting to name calling I see, and yet you aren’t frustrated or emotional? :laugh:

Yes im such a fool posting the head to head match ups that didn’t give you the outcome you wanted….so you whine and complain about it.

:laugh::laugh: Why continue using a word that you clearly can’t use correctly…

I don’t even disagree that McDavid is a better player than Crosby. You’re so far in the swamp to try and be right in your weird anti-Crosby agenda you’re making little sense.

Good luck, brother I’m not gonna waste my time on this any more.

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
I don’t even disagree that McDavid is a better player than Crosby. You’re so far in the swamp to try and be right in your weird anti-Crosby agenda you’re making little sense.

Good luck, brother I’m not gonna waste my time on this any more.
I didn’t say you disagreed…

I’m trying so hard to be right? I didn’t need to “try hard.” All I did was look up their head to head stats and I posted them. You are the one who took exception to it and started using the word “disingenuous.” Over and over again incorrectly…

“You are making little sense.” Coming from you?….thats funny.

I’m sorry if me being right upsets you so much :laugh::laugh:

True or False. Do you think Benn and Kucherov are comparable talents?
The question on everyone’s mind….

Will he answer it?? Or will be throw out a “disingenuous” and complain…

Reactions: Video Nasty

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Well he won a SC in the second year we are talking about here so maybe his #1 goal wasn't to simply outscore Jamie Benn to be a distraction 8 years later.

Yeah, his real #1 goal was to go scoreless in 8 out of the first 9 games to open the regular season, put up just 9 points in his first 18 games, 19 through 30, and suffer through the worst start to a season he’s ever had.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Kucherov is the best Russian of all time.

I’ll see my way out then.

Jamie Benn outscored Sidney Crosby as many times as Kucherov has outscored McDavid.
excluding cup wins, who is the better player between Jamie benn and Nikita Kucherov? Would you call them comparable players?

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Yeah, his real #1 goal was to go scoreless in 8 out of the first 9 games to open the regular season, put up just 9 points in his first 18 games, 19 through 30, and suffer through the worst start to a season he’s ever had.
Or you can post legendary numbers and not win the Cup.

Man, when they said life’s not fair, they weren’t kidding…

excluding cup wins, who is the better player between Jamie benn and Nikita Kucherov? Would you call them comparable players?
For raw stats, no.

For situations, absolutely.

• Wow
Reactions: Frank Drebin

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Or you can post legendary numbers and not win the Cup.

For raw stats, no.

His run was still arguably better than any of Crosbys. Especially his 2016 one.

Well, I would absolutely LOVE to hear what situation you would put Benn in over Kucherov…

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Hart voters clearly indicated who the better player was both years and that Crosby was the best NHL forward in that 2 year sample but keep on harping about a point that doesn't really mean anything.

I'll ask you again since you never answered the first time.

So you think Crosby was lower in scoring those years to Benn because he was incapable of scoring more points than Benn?

I'll add a second question,

Would any NHL GM be talking Benn over Crosby at any time in their careers even for just the next season after Benn outscored him by a couple of points?
Crosby had a very good team that was successful. I don't pretend to know what Crosby's motivations are from game to game. If you think he's half-assing it, that's your prerogative.

Hart voters don't vote on who they think the best player is.

Correct. I don't think Crosby is the kind of guy to hold back and not give his best, so what his best was those seasons... didn't outscore Benn. Is what it is. Don't confuse potential with results.

Maybe? GMs do seemingly inexplicable stuff all the time. I don't pretend to know what the entirety of the NHL's executives think and/or value at all times.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
1. Or you can post legendary numbers and not win the Cup.

2. For raw stats, no.

1. Yeah, that’s just how it goes sometimes. One guy scores 0 goals and hands out 4 assists in the Finals, leads his team in scoring in one round out of four, none of which were rounds 2-4, is a minus player, and walks out with a Cup and an undeserved Conn Smythe given out of fear that the Penguins wouldn’t win again since they were expected to win a couple since their last Cup but didn’t. The other has another historic run and dominates and is Cupless for now. No big deal. It’s coming.

2. For situations lol. Do tell.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

The best Russian player of all time. Ok then......

Reactions: wetcoast

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
If Crosby were capable of outscoring Benn those years, don't you think he would have? Or are you suggesting he simply decided to not score? Or he simply decided to just not play those 7 games?
The average GPG for Stars games those years was substantially higher than the rest of the NHL. They were the only team in the NHL who were running and gunning, which boosted their top players point totals.

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
The average GPG for Stars games those years was substantially higher than the rest of the NHL. They were the only team in the NHL who were running and gunning, which boosted their top players point totals.
Although the 2015 Pens fell around the lower middle of the pack in terms of offense. The 2016 Pens(along with Dallas) were among the top offensive teams. The Pens actually had the most shots per game that year.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017

Yet you once again don’t seem to apply similar logic fairly, like in 2018-2019, when the Lightning scored nearly a hundred goals more than the Oilers and Kucherov factored in on 11% less of his team’s offensive production than McDavid. Nope, all I hear from you is the face value loss in that case. 22 more goals for Dallas in 2015-2016 compared to the Pens isn’t an enormous gap. 2014-2015 is still much smaller than the Lightning/Oilers example.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Yet you once again don’t seem to apply similar logic fairly, like in 2018-2019, when the Lightning scored nearly a hundred goals more than the Oilers and Kucherov factored in on 11% less of his team’s offensive production than McDavid. Nope, all I hear from you is the face value loss in that case. 22 more goals for Dallas in 2015-2016 compared to the Pens isn’t an enormous gap. 2014-2015 is still much smaller than the Lightning/Oilers example.
Helping your team score more goals is important. If you help your team have a top offense that's valuable. But in Dallas' case when Benn won the Art Ross they were like a bottom 3 defensive team as well. They gave up as many goals as they scored. Which makes sense, they were a mediocre team at the time and didn't have much elite talent. Their playing style was the reason that so many goals were scored both ways, they could have chosen to be a boring mediocre team, and in that case Benn and Seguin don't even finish top 20 in scoring

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Why is a fault of McDavids for being younger than Crosby? Crosby was still very much a top player in the league when McDavid came in and McDavid hadn’t “pulled away” yet, but still out produced Crosby head to head pretty easily.

If you knew nothing about either, you would still pick Crosby? But what are you basing your decision off of if you know nothing about him? His looks?…
no thats not what I said at all. I said I would start a franchise with Crosby over McDavid
but
if I knew nothing about either player I dunno which direction I would go, they both were incredible prospects.

why dont you try understanding what your reading for once?

I dont wanna hear your endless bs about why it's stupid to pick Crosby over McDavid in the draft either. he scored 102 points in his rookie season still too

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
no thats not what I said at all. I said I would start a franchise with Crosby over McDavid
but
if I knew nothing about either player I dunno which direction I would go, they both were incredible prospects.

why dont you try understanding what your reading for once?

I dont wanna hear your endless bs about why it's stupid to pick Crosby over McDavid in the draft either. he scored 102 points in his rookie season still too
I just wanted to clarify :laugh: no need to get sour about it.

I never said anything like that. Do you always get upset and work yourself up over things YOU make up in your own head :laugh:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I just wanted to clarify :laugh: no need to get sour about it.

I never said anything like that. Do you always get upset and work yourself up over things YOU make up in your own head :laugh:
Ive had to explain the same thing to you multiple times over the past week. if I didnt say that you 100% would have taken it in that direction. if you want to change the way people speak to you then find away to be less annoying or just understand what you read the first time over asking the same question 3 or 4 times.

Im sorry your fav player in the world has to earn his place over Crosby and not just be given it

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

GreatGonzo

May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Ive had to explain the same thing to you multiple times over the past week. if I didnt say that you 100% would have taken it in that direction. if you want to change the way people speak to you then find away to be less annoying or just understand what you read the first time over asking the same question 3 or 4 times.

Im sorry your fav player in the world has to earn his place over Crosby and not just be given it
So, you attack me based on something I didn’t say…but figured I would, so you thought I might as well beat him to it and get worked up over something I never said….

Ya that makes total sense…

You can keep attacking my reading skills or call
Me “annoying” all you want. It only makes you look silly. You clearly lack any and every ability to NOT make personal attacks while debating because you have no argument at all.

Whether or not McDavid is my favorite player has nothing to do with it, but you saying that further reinforces my point :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium