Is Canada a wagon at WJC this year?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
No Hage? Well kinda expected, since he never been on any team canada before so..
I think he'll be considered but I don't know that he can take someone's spot, at first I thought definitely considering his strong start but there's a lot of depth there. And I did obviously forget about McKenna completely and he'll be in the mix

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Can honestly say I’ve never heard “wagon” used this way. Is this like a station wagon or a hitch your horse to wagon?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Canada has no competition other than the US.

Sweden and Finland youth programs have taken a step back.

Russia is not there. Not saying Russia would definitely beat Canada but this group led by Demidov, Artamonov, Silayev could give them a run for their money

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Canada has no competition other than the US.

Sweden and Finland youth programs have taken a step back.

Russia is not there. Not saying Russia would definitely beat Canada but this group led by Demidov, Artamonov, Silayev could give them a run for their money
One day Sweden is going to surprise and win. I think.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I know it's kind of gold or bust every year and last year was very much bust but was thinking about what their roster might be and I feel like it's unusually strong if all available

Catton-Yager-Sennecke
Cowan-Lindstrom-Wood
Barlow-Iginla-Greentree
Cristall-Boisvert-Luchanko (likely imo)
Rehkopf, Letourneau, Hage, Heidt, Parascak, Martone, Misa...

Dickinson-Yakemchuk
Molendyk-Parekh
Bonk-Brunicke
Danford, Akey...

Not sure on the goalies but feel like that will be tough to beat

Is that radek bonk's kid?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Who is Hage going to bump off this team right now? Next year is probably his year.

You are just blatantly ignorant if you think Cataford is worse then every single player listed above.
I was preparing to laugh at you. Then I took a look at the roster again... Yeah, that's a deep roster and most guys have similar/higher pedigree and are older. Hage has had a good start, but playing in the US probably works against him here.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think you could make an argument for the Q players, but I don't think any of them should be any type of sure thing to make it. They are competing for spots at the bottom of the roster, and they shouldn't get in just to have a player from Quebec. Maybe they earn it and maybe someone else does.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I was looking up potential player for team USA and there is just no chance we win. Canada has a way better roster.

Sweden won’t have a bad team at all.

ASP, Willander, Frondell, Eklund, Stenberg, Edstrom, etc.

I like this team a lot. Finland is nearly demotion level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad