Music: Is Bush grunge?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Bush a grunge band?

• Yes

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No, they're British

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I was never really into them but saw them play in the fall of 2011 when a friend gave me a free ticket (was his ex's originally lol). It was an excellent show and they gave their all (by this point Chris Traynor was already playing guitar for them after stints in Orange9mm and Helmet).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Feel like Silverchair wasn’t as big as you guys think, at least not in the US. I know they did better in Canada.

Dec 29, 2004
Feel like Silverchair wasn’t as big as you guys think, at least not in the US. I know they did better in Canada.
They were big for a minute, my local alt-rock radio station wore it out, and then people got over 'Tomorrow'.

But I don't think anyone here is saying they were BIG. I think it is more like we are saying that comparing them to 'grundge' is akin to comparing The Knickerbockers ('Lies') to the 'British Invasion'. Derivative... like Bush.

Last edited:

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I like the alternative rock description more than grunge, but I can see how they're influenced by grunge with Gavin Rossdale's voice, for instance. That first album, Sixteen Stone, was chock-full of singles and then they sort of faded away from the radar.

True grunge has to sound a bit dirty, like Melvins, Nirvana, Screaming Trees, Stone Temple Pilots, and Pearl Jam.

Dec 29, 2004
Just as a footnote, this happened right before grunge...

To me, it paved the way... just saying. Without this, maybe we heard the Seattle bands maybe we didn't... I kind of feel like the importance of Jane's Addiction gets lost once Nirvana break. They were important back in the day. Perry Farrol was important for a brief minute. A brief minute.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2004
My honest opinion? There is only one 'grunge' band....everything after is alt-rock.

What a f***ing genius Kobain was.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2004
Taking the piss out of himself... I'm sorry, but this is the grundgiest thing ever. Game over.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad