Is Brandon Montour a one season wonder ?

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Both. If he repeated that season consistently, 7 million would be a steal. In the right situation and healthy he's a 50 point guy regularly. He's a rover, which we don't see much anymore, but when he's on he's on.

Outside of that season, he's not once been a 50 point guy.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Both. If he repeated that season consistently, 7 million would be a steal. In the right situation and healthy he's a 50 point guy regularly. He's a rover, which we don't see much anymore, but when he's on he's on.
How can you suggest him being a 50 point guy regularly when, outside the one season, he's never even hit 40pts? I get you qualify "in the right situation" - but I still don't get it.....I don't see how we can think of a guy hitting something consistently when he has shown no ability to do so in his career at this point and he's 30 years old.

$7.14M for 7 years at 30 years seems like a bit much for me. I think he's gotten a bit of facetime with everyone due to going deep in the playoffs the past couple seasons......I think there is a overpay for this guy, especially 5 years from now.

Outside of that season, he's not once been a 50 point guy.
True....he hasn't even been a 38pt guy.

Reactions: Blueston

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
It's a pricey ufa contract but not enough top 4 defensemen so they will get overpaid and then you question are they overpaid if they all are making this much?
If every top 4 guy was getting paid this much or more, than no, wouldn't be overpaid, but that would mean ~ 130 Dmen making this much or more. I think his contract puts him around #25 or so......

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Some of these Panthers players are having huge outlier seasons and then they just fall off. Like Huberdeau.

Watch Reinhart go back to a 20-30 goal guy next season.

It is pretty incredible how much that team has overachieved the last 1.5 years. It's what makes hockey so much fun though

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Some of these Panthers players are having huge outlier seasons and then they just fall off. Like Huberdeau.

Watch Reinhart go back to a 20-30 goal guy next season.
Yes I can agree 50 goals again is probably going to be a challenge for him to repeat not impossible.

He scored at a 38 goal pace in a 54 game season
Then scored 33 goals
Then scored 31
Then 57

With league scoring going up and with his weapon of a shot and dedication to two way play I am positive he will score at a 30+ goal pace. The average is 39.75 goals in the last 4 years.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
How can you suggest him being a 50 point guy regularly when, outside the one season, he's never even hit 40pts? I get you qualify "in the right situation" - but I still don't get it.....I don't see how we can think of a guy hitting something consistently when he has shown no ability to do so in his career at this point and he's 30 years old.

$7.14M for 7 years at 30 years seems like a bit much for me. I think he's gotten a bit of facetime with everyone due to going deep in the playoffs the past couple seasons......I think there is a overpay for this guy, especially 5 years from now.

True....he hasn't even been a 38pt guy.
You answered your own question.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
He’s not gonna put up the same numbers he did this past season, but he’s a very good Dman. I’d say that’s a fair contract for him in terms of cap hit, 7 years but too long though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad