• No - Properly Rated

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • No - Underrated

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
He might just be the most overrated player in the league. Boomer media loves him because he's a throwback style player but he's complete garbage defensively and the leadership is also questionable. He's immature and just wants guys to get paid

Talk about over exaggeration

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I really like the physical aspect of his game but he is not Captain material. Then again, it's fine by me.

"Don't stop your enemy from making mistakes".

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I really like the physical aspect of his game but he is not Captain material. Then again, it's fine by me.

"Don't stop your enemy from making mistakes".
They need to convert him to centre and have Alfy do skills training with him

Crow

May 19, 2014
No not really. Think people see him for what he is. Good top line forward.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think he's probably properly rated, but given his brother's rating, I think you could argue he's a little underrated.

Brady is an absolute unicorn when you look at power forwards who play physical, get pucks to net, and produce offense. I've said for years that, in a vacuum, he's a better all around player than his brother, though it's really close, and could go either way depending on team needs.

Matthew has shown to be the more skilled playmaker and more opportunistic goal scorer - give Matthew an elite puck transporter on his line (Gaudreau, Bennett) and it's obvious seen how effective he can be.

Since 2020-21:
Brady
5v5 rates
0.96 g/60
2.10 p/60
1.79 p1/60

Misc rates
11.71 hits/60
2.11 GvA/60
1.61 TkA/60

Matthew
5v5 rates
0.99 g/60
2.58 p/60
1.98 p1/60

Misc rates
4.93 hits/60
3.16 GvA/60
1.55 TkA/60

I think if you switched their situations, their production rates probably converge to nearly equivalent. Matthew is the better pure offensive talent, but the disparity in their team situations has made the gap look larger than it really is, while Brady is the better goal scorer and more impactful all around force.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I think ottawa couldn’t have screwed this up more if they tried

green is a TERRIBLE head coach.
And this is such an important season and they brought in a guy who had no clue what he is doing

He had veteran players saying thank god when got to new teams and said it is nice to finally have a good practice

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
no he’s not over rated, agree with you on troll looking thread after reading post #4 from OP, from another thread.
I mean I voiced my opinion on our own board but it's a genuine question. Lots of discussion this weekend around the player and his abilities...

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He is a first line winger. He won’t be the best player on a championship team. His uniqueness could allow you to put together a roster that is hard to matchup against, so that can give him an edge over other mid 30 goals guys that score the same amount. He also plays a game that might suggest a prime that he hasn’t hit yet. I’d take him over guys like Konecny, Connor or Verhagehe, but I wouldn’t put him on par with the most elite wingers, either.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think ottawa couldn’t have screwed this up more if they tried

green is a TERRIBLE head coach.
And this is such an important season and they brought in a guy who had no clue what he is doing

He had veteran players saying thank god when got to new teams and said it is nice to finally have a good practice

If Green is as bad as you say, they'll have to move on from him quickly as they can't afford to waste more time. I mean, we are still recovering from having the worst GM of all-time for 7 years who had a "cool guy" assistant coach as the head coach to start the last 5 seasons where this team needed to progress (in the last 3 seasons at least)

Seriously, Ottawa can't hire a good coach to save their lives and it's like that since Bryan Murray. Some guys like McLean and Boucher had good stretches but none of them brought any stability/consistency

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
If Green is as bad as you say, they'll have to move on from him quickly. I mean, we are still recovering from having the worst GM of all-time for 7 years who had a cool guy assistant coach as the head coach to start the last 5 seasons where this team needed to progress (in the last 3 seasons at least)

Seriously, Ottawa can't hire a good coach to save their lives and it's like that since Bryan Murray. Some guys like McLean and Boucher had good stretches but none of them brought any stability/consistency

I dont know if they'll move on quickly. As I dont know what kind of contract he got.

I just think people talk about Tkachuk being immature, and not a great leader. I think he is fine and will step up for all his teammates, and produces.

They need the highest up leader (coach) to change the vision of this team and it sure as hell isnt Travis Green. He is atrocious, he has the worst systems in the league, he can't coach 5v5, players underlying numbers tank under him then sky rocket as soon as they leave.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I would say ever so slightly overrated. I think he's a good player, but most of that comes from his physicality and competitive edge. Skill wise he is a 2nd liner on a good team, who can move up when needed.

I would love to have him on the Leafs as a JT replacement, he brings a lot of what JT doesn't. Even if we may lose some goals in the short term.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I would say ever so slightly overrated. I think he's a good player, but most of that comes from his physicality and competitive edge. Skill wise he is a 2nd liner on a good team, who can move up when needed.

I would love to have him on the Leafs as a JT replacement, he brings a lot of what JT doesn't. Even if we may lose some goals in the short term.
Not sure you’re losing any goals as Brady has a little more over the last 3-4 years

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I will give you one Mika Zibanejad, Jacob Trouba and a years supply of Beyond Burgers for Brady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad