Is Anthony Stolarz the real deal?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
We all know that Toronto’s biggest flaw in the past decade was their defence and goaltending. Leafs have gotten tremendously thicker and meaner on the D, with acquisitions such as the big boy McCabe and perfect with his stick Tanev. However, goaltending has still been an issue. It started with Andersson, but of course, as we know, he was sent packing after fans got sick of him from losing against the Bruins. Since then, there’s been a slew of new goaltending every season. With Stolarz playing well, I’d assume, have Leafs fans sighing of relief, hoping that he can relieve the much needed goaltending to propel the Leafs to new heights.

With The Leafs getting remarkable goaltending from Stolarz, are the Leafs poised to make the jump they’ve so desperately tried for the past decade? Does Stolarz have enough experience to guide them through? His stats suggest so.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This may be the first time in his career that Matthews doesn't score at least 50 goals. He's killing penalties now and Berube has him more focused on his 200ft game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If the leafs can get consistent goaltending this might be the year they finally go deep. They look big, fast and deep so far. Especially impressed with Knies and Mcmann.

• Wow
Reactions: Maple Leaf

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Mans never hit 50 goals and was nominated for the Selke last year but I see the bait through the veil.
He’s very well on his way to a Selke. If you remove Reilly, Matthews has the best xGA/60 on the Leafs, 2nd best in the Eastern Conference. Likely second if Barkov was playing. He has a ridiculous HDCA/60 as well, third best in the East. Berube has been wonders, on top of Stolarz playing great. He’ll definitely be a finalist on top of likely being a candidate for a rocket.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Not joking when I say this but I believe the following will happen this year

Stolarz finalist for Vezina
Matthews finalist for Selke and Hart
Berube finalist for Coach of the year
Leafs win the Atlantic

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This may be the first time in his career that Matthews doesn't score at least 50 goals. He's killing penalties now and Berube has him more focused on his 200ft game.
Still on pace for 41 goals with a shooting percentage just under half his career average. He might not get 60+ this year, but under 50 would be a pretty big step back baring time missed.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Still on pace for 41 goals with a shooting percentage just under half his career average. He might not get 60+ this year, but under 50 would be a pretty big step back baring time missed.

With goals in his last 3 games, I think hes coming around.

Also,

5v5 among ALL players in the league:

Most shots on goal: Matthews
Most shot attempts on goal: Matthews
Most scoring chances: Matthews by a mile
Highest expected goals: Matthews by a mile

0 goals given up while on the ice 5v5.

Pretty dominant.

• Wow
Reactions: x Tame Impala

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He was literally nominated for the Selke this past year . Matthews being excellent defensively isn’t new

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad