Is Anthony Stolarz the real deal?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The leafs so far are a completely different team defensively under Berube. The goalies will benefit from that. Small sample size but it’s noticeable

The Leafs have been better defensively than they’ve been given credit for over the past 2-3 years. Unfortunately, they’ve had Campbell (not even in the league anymore) and Samsonov in net letting them down.

But I agree, this year the defense is even better.

With the firepower they have up front and an expectation that goals against will be much lower this year, expect them to really have a shot at winning the Atlantic this year.

They thought I was crazy for saying this is the prediction thread, but when you look at it by goals for and goals against compared to the past, I think the Leafs are the best team in the division

It’s close, though

Reactions: The Shadow

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I think so . Last year wasn’t a fluke and I think he’s been good for some time. I doubt he continues Vézina pace but he’s big, calm and positionally solid. Nothing about his run screams fluke.

He’s a very calming goalie to watch. He’s always in the right position and is a bit “boring” but his puck tracking and positioning is almost always bang on. He’s the opposite of someone like Korpisalo lol

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
How do you jump from someone asking the question if Stolarz is legit to take on a bigger role than he has in the past to planning the parade? What did I miss here?
Easily tbh. Because a) it's an obvious joke and b) with a tiny bit of truth in the mix.

Getting hung up on the a) only adds to the b). Peace.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Stolarz is good. It's more a question of workload and consistency.

Don't forget Garret Sparks who was supposed to be the goalie of the future after his dominant AHL season in 2018

And Matt Murray. The belief in him was way too high for a guy as cooked as he was/is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad