Is Anthony Stolarz the real deal?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He has a 1.54GAA and .940SV% so far this year and has looked really good, almost too good to be a backup. Last year on Florida he put up numbers that a starter would. He went 16-7-2 on Florida with a 2.03GAA and a .925SV%. Those are numbers better than most starters last year.

So is he the real deal? As in a legit starter? He seems like the modern day Brian Elliott.

Last edited:

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
The leafs so far are a completely different team defensively under Berube. The goalies will benefit from that. Small sample size but it’s noticeable

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The leafs so far are a completely different team defensively under Berube. The goalies will benefit from that. Small sample size but it’s noticeable
Also the Leafs just killed it. Stolarz is one of the smartest bets they could make, and their adds to the defense were smart and fit the needs of the team. And yes the coach was a good pick

Reactions: The Shadow

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
We'll have to see how he does with the increased workload this season, but he's looked good for awhile now. Happy to have him on the team.

Pretty sure I hear that about a Leaf goalie every year until they suck again

Woll was the real deal last season

Woll still looks like "the real deal"

....when he isn't injured.....

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Took a chance on him on all my fantasy teams. He did extremely well last year for the Panthers, in a limited number of games, leading the league in GAAs among goalies starting 25 games or more. He has the talent, and he is making me look prescient.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Toronto having God tier goalie depth is our cup, we've already won and the "sickest goalie depth in the league" banner is going up next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad