Inventor of the Composite Hockey Stick?

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
I'm doing a report for my chem class on a scientist, and our teacher said pretty much anybody would qualify as a scientist, i was just wondering if there was one specific person who invented the composite stick? Any help would be appreciated.

The Thomas J.*

I don't know the guys name but he really needs to take a beating with a heavy wooden hockey stick, his weak sticks are ruining the game, i'm so tired of seeing them break during crucial moments in a game.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I don't know the guys name but he really needs to take a beating with a heavy wooden hockey stick, his weak sticks are ruining the game, i'm so tired of seeing them break during crucial moments in a game.

I could not agree more. Saku Koivu's stick breaking in the Olympic final game in Turin 2006 was perhaps the worst of these incidents. In effect it lead to a brief man advantage for the Swedes. The game winning goal was scored just moments later...

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
Should i just use Bobby Hull, since he developed the curved hockey stick
? and my teacher already said i could use the player who developed the curved blade

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
anybody got anything?

http://patents.ic.gc.ca/cipo/cpd/en/patent/2088468/summary.html

Can you start here?

Title:Hockey stick made of composite materials and its manufacturing process Document Type and Number:United States Patent 5050878 Link to this page:http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5050878.html Abstract:Composite hockey stick includes an expanded polyvinylchloride foam core in the shape of a handle attached to a blade, a first mesh composed of at least one of fiberglass and carbon fibers tightly surrounding at least a portion of the expanded polyvinylchloride foam core, and at least one additional mesh composed of at least one of fiberglass and carbon fibers tightly surrounding at least a portion of the first mesh. Preferably, each mesh in a direction outwardly from the core has a greater weaving angle with respect to the core than a preceding mesh, to thereby provide an offsetting of threads of one mesh to another.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Should i just use Bobby Hull, since he developed the curved hockey stick
? and my teacher already said i could use the player who developed the curved blade
Mikita was the guy that actually invented the curved sblade. (although Bathgate also claims it) wheras Hull perfected it.

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
going with bobby hull but im gunna mention mikita as all of my sources give equal credit to both hill and mikita.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad