Injury Report: Injury Thread '24-‘25 (Post 1 has current injury status)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Evander Kane - sports hernia - Status TBA
Darnell Nurse - ? - Status TBA

(Not posting minor league or prospects in the OP)

Check back in pinned section to see current injury status in this post! (Post 1)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I thought we were getting an update on Kane. Did Bowman not say his health situation would be clarified by now?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Say what you will about Nurse, but we can't exactly afford him to be banged up going into the year.
Agreed. I wonder if it was the same injury he suffered in one of the games against the Canucks in last years playoff round, where he had the puck in his own end and his brain stopped working, and by the time he figured out what to do with it, a Canuck player came in and slammed into him. You could see he was labouring after that. Sort of a indirect self inflicted injury.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
From Kurt Leavins 9 Things Sept 15

3. Evander Kane is facing surgery for the Sports Hernia that plagued him for much of last season and eventually sidelined him late in the playoffs. I respected Kane a lot for trying to tough it out. But it became apparent that he just could not answer the bell any further. These surgeries often required 10 weeks of rehabilitation. Depending on when the procedure actually happens, Kane could be sidelined until sometime in December, maybe later. No question, the club will miss him. Kane brings that rare mix of power forward, agitator and de-facto police officer that few others do.

2. Darnell Nurse has spent a long, hard summer in the gym. We learned just after the season ended that Nurse indeed had been battling through an injury. No surgery was required, which is always good news. But it means no less work. It may be even more so. Nurse has been back on skates. But I get the distinct feel that the club is in no rush to insert him into contact sessions where he could suffer a setback. If it were me, I would only look at Nurse in the lineup as the start of the regular season as an option…and not a sure thing. If the Oilers are to contend again this season they will need a healthy Nurse. And they will not win or lose the Stanley Cup in the first two or so games of the season. Give him the time he needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad