Olympics: Indoor team sports (volleyball, handball)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
US versus Argentina in men's volleyball.
That is #6 against #8. It is a battle in the first set, 14-12 US so far.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Not going well Sammelvuo's Canada against the hosts.
France is an absolute wagon. Number 1 team in the world and defending Olympic champs. Canada needs to beat Serbia tomorrow (tough match) and get help. Really needed that first game against Slovenia. Tough pool and all but still disappointing result so far.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The handball men's French team as well and yet they have 2 losses and one miracle draw so far. No idea how they got all crappy overnight.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
Yeah us too.
No idea what's going on.
Lol, France will still end up in the Final.

Maybe Denmark can get revenge from the Euros final, where the French got a good deal help from the refs.

That is if Denmark manages to go to the final. Spain are a whiney team, play heavy slow Handball, yet always tend to make Denmark work very hard for a win.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but you are still the 2nd best team in the world. No more than 8 months ago, you won gold in the Euros.

Id still put money on France in the Final.
The other group is the weaker group.
Nah we have the best team in the world :D
But we're not playing like it.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
Nah we have the best team in the world :D
But we're not playing like it.
Id say that honor goes to the team who are 3 time defending world champions, and have the best player in the world on their team. And who have won that award every year since 2018 :) Id also say that Denmark have the best team on paper.
Best GK tandem, 5 players in the top 10 scorers in the best league in the world. (German). As well as MVP of the League in Saugstrup. As well as 4 out of 8 players on the team of the year in all Europe being Danish as well. 3 players from DK in the CL top scorers top 10 also.

Only extreme bias would call the French the best, as it stands.

You won the last olympic final fair and square, however you got alot of help from the refs in the last Euro final.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I'd say the extreme bias is to say France won the Euro thanks to the refs :)
We're Euro and Olympic champs.
You're saying the best team is the one who couldn't win either of those two titles but won just one other title.
We hold 2 out of 3 major titles.

But not that it matters I don't expect us to win this one.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
Yeah I'd say the extreme bias is to say France won the Euro thanks to the refs :)
We're Euro and Olympic champs.
You're saying the best team is the one who couldn't win either of those two titles but won just one other title.
We hold 2 out of 3 major titles.

But not that it matters I don't expect us to win this one.
Read neutral news, there was alot of concensus that the refs helped France alot the final and the semifinal against Sweden.
Maybe even try to read the reddit forum. Even French fans werent arguing that they had the refs help inthose
two games.

Example in the final. 31-30 France, Gidsel takes 3 steps and scores, travel is called - Should never be travel. Right after Prandi takes 6 steps and seals it for 32-30, even tho there was a clear travelling violation. That is just one of many examples.

Don’t even get me started on the Sweden game, that was pure robbery.

Besides olympics 3 years ago, has very little to do with who is the best team in the world atm.

I just listed a good few recent reasons why Denmark are the best, but you just skipped right over that 😂 And yeah, that to me is Bias.

Denmark are world champions (recent) and have the best players as listed in my previous post :)

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I did because giving individual names doesn't equal having the best team.
French holds 2 titles out of 3. :)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
Yeah I did because giving individual names doesn't equal having the best team.
French holds 2 titles out of 3. :)
I gave more than individual names.
Maybe if it was 1 player, but I gave you pretty much a whole team of “bests” Not just one dominant player.
Yet you have no issue using an olympic title from 3 years ago as a measuring stick😂. Come on man. You are being coy and stubborn.

Think most neutrals would agree that atm, Denmark are the best team, player by player, and recent performance wise.
But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Indeed! I really don't care since, as I said, we'll lose.
But I do find it cocky to name your team best in the world when France is holders of 2 of the 3 main titles, including the most recent beating your team in the process.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
Indeed! I really don't care since, as I said, we'll lose.
But I do find it cocky to name your team best in the world when France is holders of 2 of the 3 main titles, including the most recent beating your team in the process.
I don’t think it is cocky, when most agree, and it is pretty evident :) Sorry if that triggered you.

You cared enough to get triggeted tho.

And I told you, the Euros are a bad example, and also told you why - Again pretty much concensus among neutrals that 1. France should have never been in that final, 2. France had alot of help in the final. I even gave you an example of why.

Holding olympic gold from 3 years ago also should not count for much.

Besides, I doubt you would hesitate to call France the best football team in the world, despite not holding any major titles ;)

Good luck, I still think France makes it to the final.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3