In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Missed the game last night, but wondering if I jinxed Carrier in singing his praises. Seems like he's fully regressed back to last season rather than the flashes of talent we saw in his first season.

For AF24, instead of removing Kirkland from the PP, how about just putting someone else in his spot? I legitimately don't know what he brings, besides his shootout skills (which wouldn't matter in the playoffs). Can they cut their losses and use Jeannot for a couple games instead? (Or is he hurt)

For those that were at the game, a friend pointed out the person who was the "Admiral Mention" had a St Patricks jersey that they had never seen (and I've never documented)... either of you guys familiar with that jersey? He said it was a white one with arched "Admirals" text and the "Admiral head" logo underneath on the crest.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The worst was the second goal. A high arcing blooper through the neutral zone that the Pens player beat 2 Admirals for a breakaway. Troy stops him and the puck is in front of him with Carrier on one side and another Admiral player on the other. A second Pens player comes by and chips it in. How does that happen when the puck is surrounded on three sides by Milwaukee players? Nobody went for that puck that all three could have batted with their respective sticks.

I don't know. Being completely set up on defense while the Pens are regrouping behind their net and then allowing a breakaway right up the middle was pretty special.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
For those that were at the game, a friend pointed out the person who was the "Admiral Mention" had a St Patricks jersey that they had never seen (and I've never documented)... either of you guys familiar with that jersey? He said it was a white one with arched "Admirals" text and the "Admiral head" logo underneath on the crest.

I know what you're talking about but wasn't really paying attention to the jersey. I'll go back and look on AHL TV later and see if I can see something. Do you have a general idea of when this was? Because I really don't want to watch any more of that shit show than I have to.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Missed the game last night, but wondering if I jinxed Carrier in singing his praises. Seems like he's fully regressed back to last season rather than the flashes of talent we saw in his first season.

For AF24, instead of removing Kirkland from the PP, how about just putting someone else in his spot? I legitimately don't know what he brings, besides his shootout skills (which wouldn't matter in the playoffs). Can they cut their losses and use Jeannot for a couple games instead? (Or is he hurt)

I saw that white/green jersey. I believe that was from around 15 or 20 years ago when Milwaukee had a home game on March 17th. The flying head logo was from 1998 to 2006. In 2006, they switched to the Dead Kid logo.

Carrier was awful last night! They switched up the Dman pairings. Last night Pedrie was with Tinordi. Today Pedrie was with Siemens and Carrier was with Donovan; instead of Savage, who was with Tinordi.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was at today's game. The team was flat in Period 1 (AGAIN) but kept the Wolves from scoring. Chicago went up 1-0 in period 2. Milwaukee gets on the board 6 minutes into Period 3 and gives up a goal less than 1 minute later (AGAIN). The puck pin balled around and possibly the Wolves player hit it with a high stick. It happened at the far end and I really couldn't see the replay. The on ice officials did discuss it for about a minute before calling it a good goal. Milwaukee tied it again with a rebound goal by Gaudet with 19.6 seconds remaining in regulation. For once, an open Admirals player was in the right place!

In OT, Milwaukee started with Gaudet and Tolvanen with Donovan on defense. The play went back and forth with Milwaukee skating in circles and getting the usual ZERO shots on goal. A pass got deflected in the Chicago zone and Donovan skated the puck all the way back behind the Milwaukee net. He waited about 20 seconds. I have no idea why, but Chicago changed their 3 skaters. Then Milwaukee changed their other 2 players about 10 seconds later. (The AHL.com says it was Blackwell and Carrier) Donovan goes to his left and makes a bad pass up the slot which gets intercepted. Chicago posts a player about 10 feet in front of McCollum. There are Ads players in front and in back of that Wolves player. The puck is in a corner. The Ads player in front gets dumped by the Wolves player. The puck comes out to Macek near the upper hash marks and he shoots it into the net unopposed because his guy is flat on the ice in the low slot. The refs called it a good goal instead of interference on Chicago. The crowd was booing loudly.

I heard Ryan Miller on the radio after the game and he gave a similar description about what happened on that game winning goal, including the interference. He asked Coach Taylor about it. Taylor said "that the refs didn't see it that way". The Admirals were totally SCREWED by Ben O'Quinn (#27) and especially by Alex Garon (#64) who was on the goal line and had to see what happened. Up to that point, I would have given them sixes for doing a good job. They end up with fours for literally blowing the game in 90 seconds of OT. Donovan was on the ice the entire time and I blame him for retreating 120 feet, then making a very bad pass. He should get an assist for Chicago!

It comes down to this. Either Donovan stops leading off as Dman in OT or Taylor gets fired! I am seriously thinking about not renewing my season tickets because it has become a waste of time and money. I saw my friend Gerry talking to Jon Greenberg of the Admirals. When I passed by he was complaining about "the lackluster performance of the team". Greenberg said it wasn't his place to do anything about that. He is the President of team. If not him, than who?

Edit: One more thing to complain about. The Game Day work. They kept announcing about "tonight's game" when it started at 1 PM. I knew something was wrong when they posted the Admirals record against the Wolves this season as being 3-3-31. I am fairly sure that the last number should be a "1" and not 31, but who has time for accuracy on a giant scoreboard in front of a big crowd of 7000 fans?

Last edited:

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I know what you're talking about but wasn't really paying attention to the jersey. I'll go back and look on AHL TV later and see if I can see something. Do you have a general idea of when this was? Because I really don't want to watch any more of that **** show than I have to.

Unfortunately, AHLTV doesn't show the jumbotron "events" like AHLive used to do, as I already tried that option.

I saw that white/green jersey. I believe that was from around 15 or 20 years ago when Milwaukee had a home game on March 17th. The flying head logo was from 1998 to 2006. In 2006, they switched to the Dead Kid logo.

That's what my friend said, but it wasn't either of the two (2000/01, 2005/06) that I usually see, so was surprised there's one that I wasn't familiar with! Would love to find a photo or one of the jerseys!

00/01
https://photos.smugmug.com/Milwauke...cks-Day/i-Ncs59H8/0/9af4fa0b/S/IG9X0020-S.jpg

05/06
https://photos.smugmug.com/Milwauke...cks-Day/i-rX4M5Hs/0/1df5c2a1/S/IG9X0018-S.jpg

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
When I passed by he was complaining about "the lackluster performance of the team". Greenberg said it wasn't his place to do anything about that. He is the President of team. If not him, than who?

I mean, it's not Greenberg's place to do anything. He's a marketing guy, he has no control over player signings or anything. I'm frustrated as hell too. I totally get that making the playoffs every year like we did for 15 years wasn't going to continue and I can handle losing but when you're losing on top of being incredibly boring, it just gets to the point where it's more of a chore to actually go and watch the game than it is to just stay home or go find something else to do.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I mean, it's not Greenberg's place to do anything. He's a marketing guy, he has no control over player signings or anything. I'm frustrated as hell too. I totally get that making the playoffs every year like we did for 15 years wasn't going to continue and I can handle losing but when you're losing on top of being incredibly boring, it just gets to the point where it's more of a chore to actually go and watch the game than it is to just stay home or go find something else to do.

Amen, brother!

According to the TheAHL.com, the Admirals lost in front of 8650 and 7000 fans this weekend.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Channel 6 was just showing some game highlights. First, the lady said that the game was "on the road in Chicago". Then she mentioned that "the Admirals have lost 5 games in a row, 3 in overtime". That part is true. It looked like Carrier was spun out by the Chicago player's stick before the goal. Blackwell was the guy between the low slot player and the net. Donovan was no place useful. Look at 3:00 of time.

Last edited:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Isn't Scott Nichol the GM? I would complain to the Preds FO too.

Thanks for all the updates. Our prospect pool is shot. We desperately need to upgrade our drafting.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It's pretty much the nature of draft based pro sports for the farm team to be crap when the parent club is good.

Reactions: Pred303

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
It's pretty much the nature of draft based pro sports for the farm team to be crap when the parent club is good.

Especially when you trade multiple draft picks and prospects who were on the higher end of your pool. Not complaining, but this is the reality right now and another reason it's hard to justify going "all in" with this current team.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Ehh, current playoff teams in each division with their parent club.

Atlantic:

Hurricanes
Islanders
Bruins
Flyers

North:

Sabres
Lightning
Maple Leafs
Canucks

Central:

Red Wings
Wild
Golden Knights
Stars

Pacific:

Sharks
Oilers
Ducks
Coyotes

So about half the teams currently in the Calder Cup playoffs have their parent club in the Stanley Cup playoffs as well and it was that way the year before too. But as I said, I can handle losing, it's losing and being boring that's awful. Whether that's Nichol just bringing in a bunch of bad offensive players or Taylor being overly conservative (I lean towards the latter), it has to change if for no other reason that you're not helping the few prospects we do have develop by having them play this slow, defensive system and then have them jump up to the NHL and wanting them to play a completely different style than they're used to.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
1 ****ing goal against a team that came in giving up an average of 3.9 goals on the road and had a 4-15-3 road record.

Tolvanen hit the crossbar with about 5 minutes remaining. Gaudet had his goal disallowed for a high stick. Maybe it was (I thought so in real time), maybe it wasn't (on the replay his stick looked to be about crossbar height). My wife thought it was a good goal before seeing the replay. That was just inches from having 3 goals, but it goes in the record books as the 6th loss in a row at home.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I haven't watched enough to give an educated answer. I have seen all the highlights and scouting type film and he looks very quick but I won't pretend to be some home scout. I think speed and hands are what stand out but it's easy to be deceived on a highlight video. He also has thickened up since he was drafted so he has a pretty sturdy build now. He has a chance to be a middle 6 forward that can play the PP. That would be a good return for a 3rd rounder. I had hardly given him any interest until last season and that was really just because our prospect pool over all had gotten so thin that there's really not much else to look into. His trajectory is encouraging. He is a scorer and has been at every level so far. I hope he signs after the season and starts getting time in Milwaukee. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't traded in the next week.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I got this from theAHL.com. McCollum was the #2 Star of the Game.

Did he get hurt or have an equipment problem?

#GoalieGAMinsSASVSGAPIM
1Grosenick, Troy 01:5011000
33 McCollum, Tom257:342523000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I got this from theAHL.com. McCollum was the #2 Star of the Game.

Did he get hurt or have an equipment problem?

#GoalieGAMinsSASVSGAPIM
1Grosenick, Troy 01:5011000
33 McCollum, Tom257:342523000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm inclined to think injury. 0:43 into the game, a Moose forward got sticks tied with Allard, tried to pivot and fell on the back of Grosenick's left leg/skate and he went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad