In the end, the Jets will likely have played the 1st or 2nd hardest schedule

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
If only it was like the NFL and having a poor season usually means you can follow it up with having a weak schedule the following year.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
But didn't the rest of the teams in our division play an equally "difficult" schedule? With the exception of not playign themselves and playing a bad jets team?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
So if I'm reading that properly, Boston, Philly, and Toronto had super-soft schedules? Should I gamble and pick a first-round upset vs Columbus or Detroit in our office pool? :naughty:

Detroit is 3-1 vs Boston in the season series...

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
But didn't the rest of the teams in our division play an equally "difficult" schedule? With the exception of not playign themselves and playing a bad jets team?

Does every other team in our division play the exact same eastern opponents' schedule?

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
So if I'm reading that properly, Boston, Philly, and Toronto had super-soft schedules? Should I gamble and pick a first-round upset vs Columbus or Detroit in our office pool? :naughty:

Detroit is 3-1 vs Boston in the season series...

Honestly, I've used the site before for pickem contests and its pretty decent at getting some upsets. Columbus might be a decent pick for upset potential.

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
Excuses, etc.

Sure there is the lost playoff revenue every year by sneaking into 8th if granted an easier schedule.

But hey, what did everybody and your granny tell you for the last gazillion years: Life isn't fair.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Excuses, etc.

Sure there is the lost playoff revenue every year by sneaking into 8th if granted an easier schedule.

But hey, what did everybody and your granny tell you for the last gazillion years: Life isn't fair.

I don't think anyone here is of the attitude you're suggesting... :help: No body is making excuses either. It's just an interesting observation.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Its pretty simple why the Jets have the hardest schedule. The Jets are standings wise the worst team in the best division. Lets compare them to one of the top 3 (STL, Chi, Col). They all play 5 more games a season against a bottom 5-8 team (Jets). The Jets play against a lot of top teams (most of the division).

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that throughout the season, we've generally played more games than most teams, and don't have "games-in-hand" on anybody? I believe the Jets telecast mentioned that we're the first team to finish our 82-game schedule. I could understand the first year when we had to do a last-minute panic-schedule. But this seems to be a consistent pattern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad