In-Arena Replays

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Just curious what people around the league are seeing. In past years, Peterborough has been really good at showing replays of challenged goals, penalties, offside reviews, big hits, big plays etc... but this year it's been almost nothing.

Wondering if this is a team decision or a league wide crackdown on not showing potentially controversial replays in the arena.

Reactions: Section5Petes

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Just curious what people around the league are seeing. In past years, Peterborough has been really good at showing replays of challenged goals, penalties, offside reviews, big hits, big plays etc... but this year it's been almost nothing.

Wondering if this is a team decision or a league wide crackdown on not showing potentially controversial replays in the arena.
Kingstons been bad with this for years I don’t think it’s the OHL. I just think certain people aren’t great at their job

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024

IceDogs are usually pretty good at showing most important replays challenges can be a little hit or miss but other than that they show almost every important replay although they have missed a few in the past to do some in arena promo

DubCee21

Nov 28, 2013
In Erie the replays are nonexistent except for goals that have already been awarded. No penalties, no offside, no controversial goals, no hits, no fights,....nothing. I was under the assumption it was a leaguewide thing on not showing anything that might even remotely be considered controversial but from reading these forums that clearly isn't the case.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
In London, for years, once the play was under review, they cut all replays and went to a test pattern on the video board. You could maybe catch a replay on one of the suite TV's if you were lucky. This year They have actually been showing the offsides and goals while they are under review.
I always just assumed it was a league mandate as well, but since apparently it is not, I am glad they changed it here.
The funny thing is that one of the first reviews they showed (an offside) was clear as day on the video board, and then called a good goal on the ice. They said that they could not get the feed for the replay officials working in a timely manner so had to stick with the call on the ice. The refs got an earful, probably why they never used show them. :laugh:

Reactions: three dog night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad