I'm EMBARRASSED

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver is playing on the edge and playing physical hockey. They are playing the right way and we are being soooooo passive. I give full marks to Vancouver for their wins. Tochett has them ready to go at the start of the games. Silovs has been great despite looking poor in game 1.

We have the skill to win, but im starting to wonder if we have the "will" to win. ( McDrai, Ekholm and Bouchard notwithstanding)

They've been given the license to do so. Talk-shit has worked these dumbf*** officials around his finger. It might be too late for Edmonton but I doubt it works vs a league darling.

They need to play like they did vs LA, not turn the cheek but pick their spots. And they need Pickard to give them average goaltending

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Vancouver is playing on the edge and playing physical hockey. They are playing the right way and we are being soooooo passive. I give full marks to Vancouver for their wins. Tochett has them ready to go at the start of the games. Silovs has been great despite looking poor in game 1.

We have the skill to win, but im starting to wonder if we have the "will" to win. ( McDrai, Ekholm and Bouchard notwithstanding)
Vancouver is playing Diehard and John McLane and the Oilers are the Wizard of Oz. Ryan McLeod, the tin man has no heart. RNH is the cowardly lion, looking for courage . And playing like a scarecrow, needing a brain? Insert many names here.

Kinibo

Apr 11, 2013
While I agree with a lot of this the Islanders, Canadians and Oilers of the 80's were the best teams and they did win the cups. heh

You maybe are saying this relative to Bettman time frame in which case its more plausible that orchestration is a main and salient theme.
I was angry when I wrote this so there may be a bit of hyperbole here :)

Hopefully my overall point wasn’t lost in the process.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
I spend alot of time reading all the various posts and reading through threads but rarely post.
I have never posted my own thread until now.
I have been an Oilers fan since their 1st year in the NHL with my 1st live game being the teams 61st game in the NHL.
I am so disturbed and bothered by what took place at the end of the game with the Zadorov cross check to 97 which flung him into a cross check to his face by Soucy.
The Oilers response??
A token mulling of players and a friendly scrum and conversation ... Are you freaking kidding me??
Both Zadorov and Soucy should have eaten cross checks to the teeth.
The championship teams I watched when I lived in Edmonton would have no be such pathetic weaklings in their response, I promise you that.
No matter who was on the ice at the time, they would have went after those 2 with venom.
Semenko, Smith, Jackson, Messier, McClelland, Buchberger and even guys like Anderson would have jumped in a laid some lumber on them.
But not this group.
That play tells me all I need to know about this "team".
No fight or willingness to go to battle for their best player and captain .... Shame on them!
The biggest failure of our GM was, other than addressing goaltending and a top 4 dman was not beefing up the bottom 6 with some warriors and nastiness.
This team is soft and hopes having 2 if the best players in the NHL will get them by come playoff time ... Not happening.
I can stand not winning but I cannot stand losing with no fight.

There ... My 1st post.
I'm old school, and not only do I agree completely with your post, but if I'm on that team, Soucy's not making it past his first shift in the next game he plays without a response.

A Gretzky reference...

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They've been given the license to do so. Talk-shit has worked these dumbf*** officials around his finger. It might be too late for Edmonton but I doubt it works vs a league darling.

They need to play like they did vs LA, not turn the cheek but pick their spots. And they need Pickard to give them average goaltending
They have the template.
Just repeat game 2.

Assuming of course (as you said) Pickard does his part.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Just do what I do, watch games on fishy streams and don't spend a dime on the NHL. I honestly hope the league busts in some way and starts on a clean slate. Won't happen, of course, but it's either that happens, or I continue to withhold money.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Just do what I do, watch games on fishy streams and don't spend a dime on the NHL. I honestly hope the league busts in some way and starts on a clean slate. Won't happen, of course, but it's either that happens, or I continue to withhold money.

As gross as it was being Saudi affiliated, I was kind of hoping that 3 on 3 league that Dangle got dangled on was going to be a real thing, if only to thin the talent pool even more and make the league a bigger joke

Too bad

Reactions: Mr Kot

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
I would rather they take care of it next game. We all saw what happened when Nurse tried to settle a score at the end of a game last year against Vegas. Automatic suspension
Fair but would’ve still been nice to see someone answer the bell when they tried to decapitate our captain.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I would rather they take care of it next game. We all saw what happened when Nurse tried to settle a score at the end of a game last year against Vegas. Automatic suspension
Yeah, last playoffs we all lamented how Nurse gave the league a chance to even up the suspensions for Game 5.

Then when do the wheels begin to fall off that game? When a rookie defenseman in Broberg is put in a tough situation against Eichel.

Reactions: sepHF

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

On the other hand we outshot the Canucks badly, again, in game 3. The game was so lobsided the result was a joke and thanks to the officiating as well that gave Nucks two PP's both resulting in goals, on fictional calls. Nucks as per usual got every bit of look while the ice was tilted. the Oilers had 5minute segments in the game that looked like a fullcourt press. It was the Silovs show all night, it was the Nucks once again getting hardly anything, only 15 shots on Skinned, and scoring 4 to get margin of victory, and barely.

If giving up 45 sog is playing the right way...

Nucks have been playing with borrowed money all season. They are the fluke club on the season. Seems like this happens every season where one team has a run out of nowhere complete with .950save% and all that.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
On the other hand we outshot the Canucks badly, again, in game 3. The game was so lobsided the result was a joke and thanks to the officiating as well that gave Nucks two PP's both resulting in goals, on fictional calls. Nucks as per usual got every bit of look while the ice was tilted. the Oilers had 5minute segments in the game that looked like a fullcourt press. It was the Silovs show all night, it was the Nucks once again getting hardly anything, only 15 shots on Skinned, and scoring 4 to get margin of victory, and barely.

If giving up 45 sog is playing the right way...

Nucks have been playing with borrowed money all season. They are the fluke club on the season. Seems like this happens every season where one team has a run out of nowhere complete with .950save% and all that.
Agree with this take. We play the rest of the series like we have the last 2 games I think we take it.

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
Provided we have an actual goalie in net. Pickard is our best option. For the fans anyway. The Oilers press want Skinner which shows how much they hate the club.
Not sure I’d go that far cause I’ve seen some differing opinions. Namely Seravalli and Yermchuk on the pod. Either way Stu hasn’t been good enough and there nothing controversial about changing it up at this point.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Provided we have an actual goalie in net. Pickard is our best option. For the fans anyway. The Oilers press want Skinner which shows how much they hate the club.
The media wants Skinner in net because it provides the best pay off in terms of story. He goes on a tear? Skinner redemption tour. He stays cold? Canucks Cinderella run continues and Oilers get lots of rumour stories and all sorts of dirty stories about them. For them it's a win/win if Skinner starts in net.

I like Skinner a lot, but I do think the best decision is to give Pickard next game with a short leash.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
We're the underdog now.
The over confidence of the fans and the media entering this series is still something to shake my head over. Vancouver finished 5 points ahead of the oilers. Had 5 more regulation wins than the oilers. Had a similar home record and a better road record, allowed fewer goals and had a similar goal differential. Yet everyone has wanted to dismiss their season.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
They have the template.
Just repeat game 2.

Assuming of course (as you said) Pickard does his part.
I've been non confidently told it's Skinner between the pipes.

I'd play Pickard tho. If we lose the next game you don't want to pass the torch to Pickard facing elimination. Maybe if they play Pickard and he wins they go right back to Skinner.

edit- When I "mean non confident" I probably shouldn't post this
edit 2- Picard starts. Thank god

Last edited:
Reactions: guymez

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The over confidence of the fans and the media entering this series is still something to shake my head over. Vancouver finished 5 points ahead of the oilers. Had 5 more regulation wins than the oilers. Had a similar home record and a better road record, allowed fewer goals and had a similar goal differential. Yet everyone has wanted to dismiss their season.
I mean I voted Van in 7 and was pushing for Nashville. Everyone ripped my head off.

I do think now we are overreacting, 2-1 isn't awful. The Oilers are outplaying the Nucks pretty badly (goalie aside)

When we are on our game it's somewhat men vs boys out there.

Reactions: CornKicker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad