Value of: Ilya Sorokin to New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Why would the Islanders trade their backbone to a rival for a lottery ticket when they want to win? Absurd suggestion.

Close this thread.

Reactions: AirGut

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Just stop, you keep making posts/offers and every other teams fans think less of the Devils fanbase as a whole because of it.

Is that actually something you care about?

Why would the Islanders trade their backbone to a rival for a lottery ticket when they want to win? Absurd suggestion.

Close this thread.

If Ilya Sorokin is the Islanders backbone, why did he play a total of 27 minutes in 5 games this playoffs?

The Islanders might want to win, but they are nowhere close to winning with that aging roster. Their best path to win is to trade off their pieces that hold value (that group includes Sorokin, as well as Nelson, Palmieri, Lee, Pageau, Pelech, Pulock) bottom out for 4/5 years, and keep Dobson, Barzal, and potentially Horvat during the rebuild.

Last edited:

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
hed cost a fortune even after a bad season. isles would probably need a blue chipper like nemec or l. hughes to sell sorokin to a division rival.

Reactions: MisterT

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Is that actually something you care about?
It's annoying when other Devil fans are trying to have a conversation and they clump us all in together because of things you are saying. Or when everyone thought EVERY Devil fan put Holtz into every trade proposal, but it was just you making 50 different offers including him.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
My ask would start at Jack Hughes, be laughed at and subsequently laugh back at the thought of NJ inquiringn about Sorokin and settle at Nemec+Holtz+ if we're doing an in division move like this. Not happening in reality.

Ledge And Dairy

If Ilya Sorokin is the Islanders backbone, why did he play a total of 27 minutes in 5 games this playoffs?

The Islanders might want to win, but they are nowhere close to winning with that aging roster. Their best path to win is to trade off their pieces that hold value (that group includes Sorokin, as well as Nelson, Palmieri, Lee, Pageau, Pelech, Pulock) bottom out for 4/5 years, and keep Dobson, Barzal, and potentially Horvat during the rebuild.
Ah yes, the classic "You don't want to trade him to us, well then he sucks" argument

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Jack Hughes <-> Sorokin
or
Nemec, Holtz, Mercer <-> Sorokin

are you sure you don't want Varlamov instead?
Hahaha wouldn't even want Sorokin he was horrible in the playoffs that's why Varlomov played most of the games. Jack Hughes? Nemec, Holtz, &Mercer? That's good for a laugh tell you what Ondrej Palat for Sorokin straight up!

• Haha
Reactions: Stephen Gionta

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Clicks, views, and content bruh

Right on, mate. ;)

One good joke post deserves another. OP thinks 10OA is gonna get the Devs Sorokin :laugh:

OP didn't say that. OP asked what the Devils would have to add to 10th overall to get the Devils Sorokin.

But maybe you can continue reading comprehension class tomorrow or Thursday.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If there was a legit chance, I'd say Jersey has to add Nemec and Holtz
I would be fine with the 10th overall + Holtz for him. Not Nemec though. Holtz (probably) has no future here. So I've already got him penciled in as someone that's possibly getting moved in any trade for a goalie.

10th overall + One of Schmid or Daws and Holtz would be something I'd personally be fine with, but I know the Islanders aren't doing it. Unless they wanted to blow it up, which Lou wouldn't do.
if Sorokin was available I couldnt see them trade him to NJ of all teams.

NYI didnt even give Sorokin a chance in the playoffs this year. sat him majority of the time in the last couple weeks too.

they even want him still?
I think it will all be forgotten about by next year and Sorokin will have the starting job back.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad