Boston Bruins II-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’ve got a hard time believing the Bruins wanted Yandle, but I’ll play along...

To Bruins: Yandle (FLA retains 50%)
To Islanders: John Moore
To Panthers: NYI 5th round pick

I have no idea, does not make sense. The only way I see the Bruins interested is if they are only on the hook for half Yandles salary and also offload Moore.
I agree and that was exactly my comment , only way I would do it is if Yandle had money retained and Moore was the piece we were moving, otherwise no thanks.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Bruins weren’t in on any serious Dubois trade talks

Jimmy Murphy of Boston Hockey Now: The Boston Bruins weren’t part of any of the serious Pierre-Luc Dubois trade talks. A source said that Bruins only really had exploratory talks and never got involved in serious talks.
One reason that may have complicated things for the Bruins would have been that Dubois’ contract would be up at the same time as Patrice Bergeron, Jake DeBrusk, Charilie McAvoy and a few others. They would have also had to consider the Seattle expansion draft.
The starting asking price for the Blue Jackets may have been one of David Pastrnak, Charlie McAvoy or Jack Studnicka.
Having Dubois, Bergeron and Studnicka down the middle would have been nice though.
A 50G scorer who’s not much older for a 60 pt center? Hmm

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This is going to be a difficult year to upgrade. The expansion draft is likely to change a lot of teams minds about upgrading and then having to decide who to protect.

Meanwhile players who are in last year of contract should be very much in demand

I see it as just the opposite.

-Teams have too many players to protect and will be open to trading some for something while they can.

-Other teams will be getting wrecked economically and will be looking to shed dollars.

-We're back to a 16 team playoff format, more out than in (vs last year), more sellers

The only thing going against it is the shorter season. It's possible the standings will still be bunched, but we'll see.

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
All good possible scenarios. But consider also, that he and his family are happy in south Florida, and, as disappointed as he might be at the future of the team, the security of his state tax free contract for the next three years, outweighs all other considerations.
Agreed. Could easily be the case. For me, that’s an odd thing though. Guy is nearing end of his career and Panthers don’t seem enamored with him anymore. Play a few more years with someone who wants you and then live wherever you want. To each is own, but kind of odd to me.

Not like a young kid who doesn’t want to get drafted somewhere where he’ll spend a big chunk of his career/youth.

I’m not troubled though. Not at all sure we need 2021 Keith Yandle.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
One of these things is not like the other!

As much as I would’ve loved to get PLD, I in no way would’ve traded one of Pasta or McAvoy. I think the only reason Blue Jackets got a player of Laine’s caliber was because he wanted out of his current situation. I think it would’ve been more of a large package of futures but Jarmo got VERY LUCKY.

He stands to be a big loser in the trade, too, because I don't see Laine re-signing in Columbus. Maybe I'm wrong!

Reactions: Blinny

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I see it as just the opposite.

-Teams have too many players to protect and will be open to trading some for something while they can.

-Other teams will be getting wrecked economically and will be looking to shed dollars.

-We're back to a 16 team playoff format, more out than in (vs last year), more sellers

The only thing going against it is the shorter season. It's possible the standings will still be bunched, but we'll see.
In that same respect though you are potentially acquiring players that may need to be protected right? I’m not sure there will be more movement because of this, it may actually be harder to make a deal.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
He stands to be a big loser in the trade, too, because I don't see Laine re-signing in Columbus. Maybe I'm wrong!
They could flip him for another asset potentially so it’s not a loss yet, curious to see how the situation unfolds. I don’t think Laine is a good fit with Columbus, but I’ve been wrong before

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I think Jarmo will get it sorted out quickly. He will then either move on and trade Laine for a package or re-sign him long term.

Laine’s issue was that he wasn’t on the 1st line and wanted to be “the man” in Winnipeg. He gets to be that in Columbus

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
letting Krug walk only to trade for a guy like Yandle would be peak Bruins. Not that I'm down on Yandle that much or wish they had kept Krug, but it just wouldn't make sense. You've made up your mind to give the kids a chance. So far they are playing well without Chara and Krug, and we haven't even seen John Moore or Vaak in the lineup yet. Trading for Yandle would make me think they're getting cold feet on the defensive "rebuild" and it's just way too early for that.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
In that same respect though you are potentially acquiring players that may need to be protected right? I’m not sure there will be more movement because of this, it may actually be harder to make a deal.

Rental is still a rental. Most of the players moved won't have term. Of the ones who do have term, you can probably get away with sending one of your lesser protected guys back the other way (for us that's a D or the D likely to get poached by Seattle).

In the case of the Bruins, let's be honest, we don't have protection problems that are that crazy. We're losing a defensemen, and probably not the kind of really make that big an impact on the team. Everyone's gotta lose someone.

Sweeney will have every opportunity to send a D and a pick somewhere for an F rental. He even has the incentive to because he's losing the D anyway to Seattle.

What I think will be harder is consolidating D depth into a better D. That seems hard before expansion as nobody wants to 3 for 1 before an expansion. Makes little sense.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Rental is still a rental. Most of the players moved won't have term. Of the ones who do have term, you can probably get away with sending one of your lesser protected guys.

In the case of the Bruins, let's be honest, we don't have protection problems that are that crazy. We're losing a defensemen, and probably not the kind of really make that big an impact on the team. Everyone's gotta lose someone.
wrong...

Vegas is excluded from the expansion draft

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
A 50G scorer who’s not much older for a 60 pt center? Hmm
"Who the f*** do you think you are? I've forgotten more about hockey than you keyboard warriors will ever learn. I make MONEY doing this, you know? This my job. You HF donkeys living in your mother's cellar need to respect me, damn it. Slainte."

Jimmy Thin Skins couldn't get past the mods to post his response to your comment. He sent me a text and asked me to post it. He's very, very angry you know? And he feels disrespected, too.

Actually, deep down, I think he needs a cuddle. Anyone??????:laugh:

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
No rentals this year please

With Bergy and Rask's advanced ages, I dunno man. It's still a win-now window. After Bergy and Rask it probably won't be.

I agree with you on one thing, I don't trust Sweeney to pick the right rental. But I'd like to give the core one last good chance. After this year I'm right there with you.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
With Bergy and Rask's advanced ages, I dunno man. It's still a win-now window. After Bergy and Rask it probably won't be.

I agree with you on one thing, I don't trust Sweeney to pick the right rental. But I'd like to give the core one last good chance. After this year I'm right there with you.

tbe rentals just never work. There is not enough time to acclimate. Took coyle all rest of the season then did great in playoffs. Mojo was real good. I would move a lot earlier if they want to do this

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
tbe rentals just never work. There is not enough time to acclimate. Took coyle all rest of the season then did great in playoffs. Mojo was real good. I would move a lot earlier if they want to do this

I guess it depends? I think the Kings, Penguins and Blackhawks managed ok there. I agree with you the last 3 years it didn't seem to change much for the winners. But injuries are a thing, it's tough to argue that more quality bodies doesn't help there.

If Sweeney does nothing I'll be fine with it like I said. Because his pro level scouting for trades is pretty suspect.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
I think Jarmo will get it sorted out quickly. He will then either move on and trade Laine for a package or re-sign him long term.

Laine’s issue was that he wasn’t on the 1st line and wanted to be “the man” in Winnipeg. He gets to be that in Columbus

Good point, I didn't realize that that was his qualm in Winnipeg (I automatically revert to the fact that it's silly cold there as a reason to not be there!) I wonder how he will do under Torts, who is not everyone's cup of tea.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
"Who the f*** do you think you are? I've forgotten more about hockey than you keyboard warriors will ever learn. I make MONEY doing this, you know? This my job. You HF donkeys living in your mother's cellar need to respect me, damn it. Slainte."

Jimmy Thin Skins couldn't get past the mods to post his response to your comment. He sent me a text and asked me to post it. He's very, very angry you know? And he feels disrespected, too.

Actually, deep down, I think he needs a cuddle. Anyone??????:laugh:
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad