Value of: Iginla to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The Islanders would have to send a little salary the other way (Bailey), but could throw in something interesting to make it work. Colorado gets added cap space (2m) to sign Barrie, Islanders get a veteran RW to balance the forward lines.

NYI
Iginla

AVS
Bailey
2nd or an interesting B/C level prospect like Michell Vande Sompel

Is there a workable deal here? Maybe some +/-?

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
If he's getting traded, wouldn't he want to go to a stronger contender than the Islanders? Feel like the Islanders have been on the verge of breaking through for several years now without taking that final step to contender status.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Bailey has an extra year on his contract that I'm not too keen to take on personally, Iggy will be off the books this offseason. I wouldn't be opposed to the deal though, it does make some sense if Iggy would waive.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Bailey has an extra year on his contract that I'm not too keen to take on personally, Iggy will be off the books this offseason. I wouldn't be opposed to the deal though, it does make some sense if Iggy would waive.

I think it ends up being about 1m more but over two years. Josh is still a very capable bottom 6 player than can slot in on the second line in a pinch. He's also versatile in that he can play any forward position, so he's not a typical "cap dump" type player.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA

Hmmm yeah the extra year of contract for an extremely vanilla player in Bailey is not attractive but if there is any kind of decent pick or somewhat interesting prospect attached...and Iggy is willing to waive his NMC - it would be hard for the Avs to pass up. Throw Bailey on the third line and leave him exposed in the expansion draft if need be. Plus at least he's versatile.

I do think Iginla may have some value to a contender who can afford a one year salary hit. I think he's got enough pride to go out on a 20-25 goal season as a mostly power play weapon and leadership/experience guy. He'll probably do it in Colorado though.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
If he's getting traded, wouldn't he want to go to a stronger contender than the Islanders? Feel like the Islanders have been on the verge of breaking through for several years now without taking that final step to contender status.

Well..... what are the stronger contenders? Which one has the cap space and the need?

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Well..... what are the stronger contenders? Which one has the cap space and the need?

I think the Isles look perfectly solid (certainly miles ahead of the Avs) but I think the point is more that if he's going to waive his NMC, it would really, really need to be a situation perfect for him. He's made it abundantly clear he's not looking to move around and to spend a season way out on the East Coast...may not be the most attractive situation for him.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Iginla went to Colorado for less money. I doubt there is mutual interest between Iginla
and the Islanders.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
At the time, Colorado just won the Central Division title and the islanders missed the playoffs.

Exactly. We sucked when we offered him a contract. Plus, he wanted to be back near his family. Even if the Avs and the Islanders were on the same level, he would have picked the Avs over us.

But adding him now would make us a much better team and a contender. Although I see him as more of a trade deadline acquisition than a summer one.

I don't know about a 2nd, but I'd definitely do Bailey + 4th for Iginla.

The 2nd is fine. We gave that up for Visnovsky when he had one year left on his contract, and that worked out great. Getting rid of Bailey is addition by subtraction.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I don't know if I'd do the second, I would prefer the prospect, all and all would do this. Although it doesn't solve our excess forward issue.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Miracles do happen,

A thread I don't hate

Unfortunately as said, it does not look like hes open to waiving his NMC. Maybe at the deadline.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
I would give Iginla for free :laugh: His contract does nothing but hurt the Avs. Age has caught up on Iggy as he is not that good of a player anymore. He still can produce on the PP but otherwise he is average at best and to make it worse he makes 5+ million.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I would give Iginla for free :laugh: His contract does nothing but hurt the Avs. Age has caught up on Iggy as he is not that good of a player anymore. He still can produce on the PP but otherwise he is average at best and to make it worse he makes 5+ million.

Why I think he should just finish out the season/his career with the Avs in peace...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad