If You Were to Trade Our 4th OA, Where Would You Trade It and What For?

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Care to elaborate?

Why would the Panthers want a 2nd in a Draft where the talent patters off significantly after the top 5 or whatever the number is? Realistically they would want a roster player/current prospect with some upside who can make an impact now. So it would be
Draft pick + current player/prospect for Florida's 1st rounder.

Also considering they could also get better value from other teams than from us.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think adding Baertschi to our 4th overall gets a deal done. I think that is the best example. So really, we need to ask ourselves if:

Reinhart/Ekblad is > Draistail/Dal Colle/Bennet & Sven

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The rumors of Tallon shopping the first overall pick are based on him wanting immediate help from young talent. A second round pick doesn't address Florida's needs as such. They might ask for Baertschi or Backlund then - but in no way, shape or form, is trading either player worth the difference in talent level from Bennett/Draisaitl/Dal Colle to Ekblad/Reinhart.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The rumors of Tallon shopping the first overall pick are based on him wanting immediate help from young talent. A second round pick doesn't address Florida's needs as such. They might ask for Baertschi or Backlund then - but in no way, shape or form, is trading either player worth the difference in talent level from Bennett/Draisaitl/Dal Colle to Ekblad/Reinhart.

I have said it before but I think such a deal would include Florida sending back one of their D prospects to balance the deal.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I have said it before but I think such a deal would include Florida sending back one of their D prospects to balance the deal.

I actually proposed a deal like that to Florida's page. For the most part, they agreed they would be fine with the deal I proposed. And to sweeten, I gave COL's 2nd and they give us their 3rd, just so they can draft a few spots ahead than anticipated.

:panthers
4th OA
Sven Baertschi (LW)
COL's 2014 2nd rounder

:flames
1st OA
John McFarland (6'0, 211 lbs, RHD)
FLA's 2014 3rd rounder

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I wouldn't trade for the 1st overall, but I'd trade for 2nd instead if that makes sense?

Wouldn't cost as much and you'd still either get your shot at the best forward prospect in the draft or Ekblad.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I actually proposed a deal like that to Florida's page. For the most part, they agreed they would be fine with the deal I proposed. And to sweeten, I gave COL's 2nd and they give us their 3rd, just so they can draft a few spots ahead than anticipated.

4th OA
Sven Baertschi (LW)
COL's 2014 2nd rounder

1st OA
FLA's 2014 3rd rounder

Definitely would not do. McFarland is a forward and not a right handed dman. He has also regressed to a point where he just finished off the season in the ECHL. Would not touch this with 10ft pole.

Obviously the fans would do it because they make out like bandits.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

4th OA
Sven Baertschi (LW)
COL's 2014 2nd rounder

1st OA
FLA's 2014 3rd rounder

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad