If you could trade your owner...

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
We'll keep ours. The Jets' ownership seems to be pretty hands-off with the team, but they've done good things with the team's revenues. The profits have been re-invested in the arena (that they own), and they are going forward with a major downtown revitalization plan around the arena. They are good for the city in ways beyond hockey.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I would trade Aquillini for Lemieux or anyone who hires competent people, doesnt meddle and is willing to spend in order to win.

*Sees username and avatar.
*Sees response.
????

I'm just saying, with the way he manages his team, he's bound to be replaced. What's wrong with that? You just don't get it, do you? :D

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Nah I'll keep Dolan. Guy gives the team all the money it needs and is very enthusiastic about the rebuild, and is even rumored to have encouraged it. I'm sure he saw how it worked for a certain baseball team a little ways north and figured it could work for the Rangers too.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Nah I'll keep Dolan. Guy gives the team all the money it needs and is very enthusiastic about the rebuild, and is even rumored to have encouraged it. I'm sure he saw how it worked for a certain baseball team a little ways north and figured it could work for the Rangers too.

Yeah, I'd keep him, too. His team has been exceptionally active in trades, acquisitions, and attempts to build a dynasty.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I wouldn't trade Mario Lemiuex for anything... The Savior of Pittsburgh! (TWICE!)

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Nobody would want JJ. But I could think of worse things than crap ice, $11 hot dogs and $14 beers tbh.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
I'm pretty content with the new ownership group. I was a bit worried early on that the Devils would be a side project for them (bc they also own the 76ers). But that hasn't been the case at all

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I hope to god he wouldn't ever consider moving the team to a major market like he did with the Rams. He does have deep pockets but he's also an ass hole.

Nah, I can't see it. He's pretty invested in Denver sports. He owns Altitude TV, the Pepsi Centre, the Avs, Nuggets, Rapids, and Mammoth.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yes, absolutely I would if I could.

I don't have a specific replacement in mind, just give me an owner who takes this franchise and this sport seriously. This owner I would want would hire the best people to run his franchise and stays out of the way. Obviously the owner runs the business side of things, but he hires to best people to run the on field side of things and doesn't interfere. And when the time comes, he has the money to sign home grown talent when they need to be paid.
But if you need a specific name, I'd take Micky Arison from the Miami Heat. But again, it's not a specific name I'm looking for, it's a specific type.

Last edited:

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
...would you and for who?

For your main team, if you could exchange your owner for another sports team owner, who would that be? Would it be another hockey owner or an owner of a non-hockey franchise?

For me in LA, I have no complaints with the Kings owner. There was talk that he would sell the team after the Cup in a "mission accomplished" sell high move. I'm happy he's stuck with us.
Absolutely would not trade the Anschutz's. Kings had the highest payroll (salary wise) in the NHL last season and didn't make the playoffs. Kings will be paying Mike Richards for 13-14 more years. Haven't gotten the sense they're going to be fulling funds any time soon.

Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Absolutely would not trade the Anschutz's. Kings had the highest payroll (salary wise) in the NHL last season and didn't make the playoffs. Kings will be paying Mike Richards for 13-14 more years. Haven't gotten the sense they're going to be fulling funds any time soon.

Not only are they NOT cheap, they're smart enough to make revenue streams to fund the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad