If you could change anything in the NHL.....

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Most of my magic changes have been said already but I'll beat the deadhorse because I'm bored.

In no order of importance:

No more penalty for puck over the glass - treat it as an icing.
All goalies pads must be glenn healy sized.
No shootout.
All games are worth same # of points (either 3 points or 2 with no loser point).
More cheerleaders.
NO INSTIGATOR RULE.
No auto-eject if fighting in last 5 mins of game.
Wood sticks.
Player pads can only be made of layered cotton (like Brett Hull said - if players today had to wear the pads that he wore, they would think twice about charging/laying people out).
Concessions served until the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period.
Gary Bettman is sent to a North Korean labor camp for the remainder of his days.
More cheerleaders.
Salary cap can stay, but only if the cap floor is lowered, to like $500, that way no more movement of bad contracts - make the GMs earn their pay.

Oh, and more cheerleaders.
::EDIT::"Babe" pic was removed by mods (pic was blonde Dallas Stars cheerleader - use your imagination...and Google)

Last edited:
Reactions: Atrusai

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Most of my magic changes have been said already but I'll beat the deadhorse because I'm bored.

In no order of importance:

No more penalty for puck over the glass - treat it as an icing.
All goalies pads must be glenn healy sized.
No shootout.
All games are worth same # of points (either 3 points or 2 with no loser point).
More cheerleaders.
NO INSTIGATOR RULE.
No auto-eject if fighting in last 5 mins of game.
Wood sticks.
Player pads can only be made of layered cotton (like Brett Hull said - if players today had to wear the pads that he wore, they would think twice about charging/laying people out).
Concessions served until the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period.
Gary Bettman is sent to a North Korean labor camp for the remainder of his days.
More cheerleaders.
Salary cap can stay, but only if the cap floor is lowered, to like $500, that way no more movement of bad contracts - make the GMs earn their pay.

Oh, and more cheerleaders.
View attachment 149927

Wow, if I was tyler seguin i'd do anything to land that and I wouldn't care what the team rules were.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
old playoff standing structure.

salary cap. teams can choose 2 players where their salary does not count towards the cap.
exception. player has to be with the team for 3 or more seasons. (cannot sign a ufa and his salary does not count).

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
- Old playoff system.
- 2 points regulation win, 1 point OT/SO win, zero for any loss.
- cut the season down to 65-70 games.
- revert back to the old draft lottery system. The shit teams should have far and away the best odds at the worst pick, not have teams in the 10+ range winning.

Reactions: dukeofjive

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
an optional audio feed with all players mic'd up instead of commentary

no more of the makeup call nonsense

cage and visor hybrid helmets

minor penalties like tripping, high sticking, cross checking, slashing etc can be challenged

pucks played by a high stick or hand no longer result in stoppage of play

tale of the tape graphic during fights

Reactions: dukeofjive

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The too loud and too often played music in the arena.

Sometimes I just want to talk to the person sitting next to me at the game. Every second after a whistle does not have to be filled with "The Joker and the Thief", (or let the organist fill it).

Reactions: sabremike

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
1. No icing allowed on penalty kills
2. No shootout. 10 minute OT or a tie.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Go back to the divisions so there’s more rivalry with teams.

This new system is destroying what was good.

I was always excited when the Canucks play the Oilers and Flames... always engertaining and physical games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad