Podcast (Audio) If you could ask one member of the 2014 Stanley Cup winning LA Kings team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
If you could ask one member of the 2014 Cup winning team one question what would it be?

Or if there was one moment or storyline that you think needs some fleshing out or commentary...

what would it be

and as delightful as I find @Lt Dan and his funny off topic questions... I won't be using any of them.

I'm sure I'll get my fair share of funny submissions but this is your chance to submit a question that might ACTUALLY get asked.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I almost forgot about the 10-year reunion. Will be nice to hear some more Dean Lombardi stories and get some pictures of the guys coming together once again. LOL @Lt Dan's questions :laugh: Maybe he will surprise us...

As for me, I am going to have to think on it a bit on what I would ask the players, most of my questions would be to Dean Lombardi. Probably, as always, when are Dean Lombardi's tell-all memoirs coming out? I would pre-order those day 1.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I always thought it was pretty crazy the players stayed in hotels even at home to keep everyone together with Sutter. Always wondered how that all went down and how the energy/morale was when players were made to do that. Did some of them have an issue with it?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
We have all heard the story about when Justin Williams cut through the tension in 2012 before game 6.
What was said before game 4 against the Sharks when they were down 0-3?

After the cup the team had to have a feeling that they could accomplish anything. Did anyone go dig up their old Rubik's cube and give it a go?

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
At 0-3 down vs Sharks… who said the right words, who said the equivalent of “I’ve got this “. Where did the spark come from.

Reactions: LAKings88

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
At 0-3 down vs Sharks… who said the right words, who said the equivalent of “I’ve got this “. Where did the spark come from.
I’ve read before that it was Quick who did that but I don’t truly believe that considering how poor he was playing in that series. I wonder who the real catalyst was.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Tough to choose one question. I’d probably ask Jon Quick about which championship he felt more personally proud of, 14 or 12? And if he said it was with Vegas, then I hope Marian Gaborik was there.

Because I’d ask him to rank how he felt after beating the Ducks in the first playoff game between the two franchises. He tied the game in like the last minute. And then beat Getzlaf in front of the net for the OT winner. Just a god like performance.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Tough to choose one question. I’d probably ask Jon Quick about which championship he felt more personally proud of, 14 or 12? And if he said it was with Vegas, then I hope Marian Gaborik was there.

Because I’d ask him to rank how he felt after beating the Ducks in the first playoff game between the two franchises. He tied the game in like the last minute. And then beat Getzlaf in front of the net for the OT winner. Just a god like performance.

This goal was so crazy at the time it happened

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd love to know what any of them were thinking and feeling going into Chicago Game 7 OT

I've loved that everything since seems to be players of both teams just oozing reverence for that series almost just like our fans are

blows my mind that they had anything left in the tank physically OR emotionally after those 21 games, I barely did myself :laugh:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Did the players know BLuc was a clown back then?
haha.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ask Dean Lombardi if he really wanted to give Kopitar 8 years and $80M.

Ask Dean which move he feels was his worst mistake in trying to keep the Kings contenders after the 2014 cup run.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Behind the Puck, if VH1 covered hockey:

Jazz Hands vs Mr. Game 7.
Both were very humble in all interviews and deflected all personal attention to the team. Who was less humble in the locker room afterwards? Did the team tease either? Also, tell them thanks. Thanks Jesse.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
knock it off
They are perfectly appropriate questions - for a completely different enviornment, and hopefully ones that will answered some day.

Both are age-old questions fans have debated for years over events that have had ramifications that are still going on to this day.

Why would he need to "knock it off"?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
They are perfectly appropriate questions - for a completely different enviornment, and hopefully ones that will answered some day.

Both are age-old questions fans have debated for years over events that have had ramifications that are still going on to this day.

Because he's not asking it in good faith and Jesse is clearly not impressed.

Fair question? Fine. But like you said, not in this context.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Because in this environment, it's trolling and asking an inappropriate question during a reunion celebrating a wonderful moment in Kings history. It would be like asking about not buying out Richards when he could have, or Voynov's domestic abuse conviction, etc.

Jesse gives plenty to the fans, and offers opportunity to pass on things from these boards even though he doesn't have to. These kinds of questions are f***ing rude to Jesse, the team, as well as other fans who are posting questions about wanting to relive fond moments with the team.

And you know Jesse wouldn't have asked it. Not because he's employed by the team. But because he's not a dick.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Because in this environment, it's trolling and asking an inappropriate question during a reunion celebrating a wonderful moment in Kings history. It would be like asking about not buying out Richards when he could have, or Voynov's domestic abuse conviction, etc.

Jesse gives plenty to the fans, and offers opportunity to pass on things from these boards even though he doesn't have to. These kinds of questions are f***ing rude to Jesse, the team, as well as other fans who are posting questions about wanting to relive fond moments with the team.

And you know Jesse wouldn't have asked it. Not because he's employed by the team. But because he's not a dick.
First off, it would be absolutely nothing like your examples. Asking about criminal behavior or privileged information regarding health privacy is absolutely nothing like asking Lombardi about the direction he would have taken the franchise around the time of his dismissal. Stop being so dramatic.

Secondly, every goddam one of us wants - or should want - to know the answers to those questions. And we deserve those answers after sitting thru a decade of pig swill due to the wrong directions being taken at that pivotal moment.

Thirdly, ain't nobody responded with a question worth asking yet, and who cares what we think anyway? Jesse is doing just fine by us on his own and this is a nice little bone being thrown because people have been asking for it. Or maybe just Lt. Dan, but he is people too. Maybe two thirds of a people, but a people none the less.

Lastly, nobody who read that could have possibly expected Jesse to ask anybody about that topic, so I read KINGS17's remark as more of a statement of "this is what we would really like to hear even though nobody would dare" declaration of frustration than an actual request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium