If therrien is fired, what coaches are out there to replace him?

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
With all the therrien hate on the board, and people yelling for him to be fired...which coach could step in and either a) be an interim coach; b) long term coach?

Curious to see what habs fans list are, and as much as I dislike what Therrien is doing, the guy I want is gone back to Buffalo (although only likely to the end of the year).

guy boucher? he did have one good year?

just not sure what the consensus is on this topic, other than how much hate Therrien is getting...but what is actually on the market is another story.

imagine if they brought up lefebvre?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Laviolette would be a great fit for the players we have. He's a very good coach, would bring a grittier and tougher style to the club.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Lavi would be a stop-gap imo. He's the kind of coach that's good for a contending team, but has a short shelf life. Kind of like Torts in that his act wears thin.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Honestly anyone. Get an interim coach again if we have to, Therrien was simply a poor decision, no idea how he managed to seduce Bergevin for the job.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Bring Jacques Martin back. He had many questionable decisions but he's the only coach who had a clue in the past 20 years.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I've been a Boucher guy since day 1, people were *****ing when we kept Martin over him after 2010. If we miss out on him again for Therrien I'll be pissed.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Jacqques Demers? To bad he's too old. Don't want Boucher or Lefevre.

Honestly, let's give Carbo another shot. I just peuk a bit here typing this:cry:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
". There's the rub, it's not what coaches would replace him, it's what coaches are at least blingual, which seems to be a requirement after the Cunneyworth fiasco.

As long as these special little conditions matter, we won't be winning the cup.

Willing to bet money on it.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Jacques Martin did pretty well with a terrible team to be honest. At least nobody could complain there was no structure or game plan. He always had one. Problem is it wasn't always effective and he took too long to adjust.

Therrien simply seems lost sometimes and has no answer to the adversity whatsoever.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Jacqques Demers? To bad he's too old. Don't want Boucher or Lefevre.

Honestly, let's give Carbo another shot. I just peuk a bit here typing this:cry:

I honestly never had too many issues with carbo, and his games were always fun to watch but there's a reason why he's not back in the game, because his record was never really that 'bad'.

I bet he would be more disciplined if he ever gets another job again, but it looked like players enjoyed playing for him...he just lost the team outside the rink, lol.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
How many years left on MT contract?
I'm thinking he doesn't get fired, but get some kindof job after contract termination.

And I'm going with a somewhat left-field choice of my own.

Jean-François Houle.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I've been a Boucher guy since day 1, people were *****ing when we kept Martin over him after 2010. If we miss out on him again for Therrien I'll be pissed.

This.

Boucher would have been a yearly success in Tampa Bay if he would have had a reliably consistent goalie on the team.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
And this is the problem. We have this stupid language requirement that severely handicaps us from acquiring a good coach.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
I'd like to see what Guy Boucher could do with this team. I think he's a great coach and he now has NHL coaching experience so he won't do his rookie mistakes here.

hockeyfan2k11 said:
And this is the problem. We have this stupid language requirement that severely handicaps us from acquiring a good coach.

Imho the problem behind the Cunneyworth fiasco isn't solely that he spoke english, its that he was also a no name rookie with little experience, clearly not the best available and horrible results on the ice. That he was unilingual english just made it worst.

I'm sure a well known english speaking coach with personality would be accepted by the french media and fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad