If the Coyotes are eliminated should Rick Tocchet be fired?

Should Rick Tocchet be fired when the Coyotes are eliminated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Coyotes fans all have the same opinion on this, which is no secret, but i wanna get a general perspective on how everyone views him.

Hey. I wanted to quote you to let you know this is the worst poll ever. Your title and poll questions are literally opposite questions lol - and then you don't even allow to change a vote.

I voted NO based on title. He should not keep his job. Didn't read the poll question closely enough to notice it's asking the exact opposite

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Is that a system issue, a player issue or both?

Maybe both but definitely more a player and talent issue.

They've been rebuilding for a few years now and their roster is still medicore at best. A lot of aging players on the blueline, some decent younger players but no franchise defining ones.

Do we expect any other NHL coach to really make Arizona competitive at all in this series against the Avalanche, I'm saying no.

Arizona shouldn't even be here, the only reason they are even here is the expanded playoff format. They're severely outclassed.

Reactions: tricky

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Don't think he should be fired for losing to Colorado, would've taken a miracle to beat Colorado, they were outmatched to begin with. Arizona won one more round than most people expected.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hey. I wanted to quote you to let you know this is the worst poll ever. Your title and poll questions are literally opposite questions lol - and then you don't even allow to change a vote.

I voted NO based on title. He should not keep his job. Didn't read the poll question closely enough to notice it's asking the exact opposite

Yeah that was my bad and I've never done a poll before. I appreciate your kind words and making me feel welcome though

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Other than OEL what really does Arizona have? Their team isn’t very good.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't think Tocchet is the problem with the Coyotes in the slightest. So sure...he may as well keep his job.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
He should absolutely be fired. I've never been a huge bandwagoner or believer of the Coyotes the past few seasons (ala "they could surprise everybody this season"), but it's pretty obvious to me watching the team over Tocchet that there is an obvious system problem, even in 17-18, when there seemed to be a big narrative from people who didn't watch the Coyotes that he should be a Jack Adams candidate just because the Coyotes were finally getting goaltending from Raanta and had a good stretch of games.

This season the Coyotes are the best they've been on paper since their last playoff appearance, I'd argue, and the team still is very underwhelming offensively. Hall and Kessel look like shells of their former reputations, the younger players aren't able to make an impact in the same way other teams with young cores are, and they're way too reliant on Vezina calibre goaltending from Kuemper and Raanta, with very little goal support to give either goalie. This series was an absolute mess, Tocchet didn't seem to have a good gameplan heading it to weather the storm of the Avs (I do think the Coyotes have the roster to at least form some sort of effective trap), and didn't seem to adjust at his defensive/offensive systems whatsoever. Kuemper was the only reason they didn't get swept and embarrassed in the first three games like they did in Games 4 and 5 with how they played/Tocchet coached.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don't care how good the other team is, you shouldn't be gettin demolished that badly in the NHL playoffs. Its on the coach.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
When they hire a new GM to replace Sullivan who replaced Chayka, won't that person want to hire their own coach? I think Tocchet is gone.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Sure, if you can lure in a better coach like Gallant. But their roster still stinks, which is the real problem.

Gallant is such a good coach, half the league should consider firing their coach and hiring him instead.

Gallant would be a huge get for Arizona. I actually think it's a good match, too.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I don’t think he should be. But as a fan of a pacific division team I sure hope he is, the Coyotes are the most boring team to watch I’ve ever seen.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I always liked the Yotes, but this is a hard question.
I'm sorry but the Preds were the softest touch of all teams-so you can't really make a judgement on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad