Proposal: "IF" Tavares is available and wants to play for your team?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
In your dreams !

Well there goes all your options. Your not getting the young Crosby return. Don't know know this?

If I'm Tavares, I tell the Islanders to show me how your going to improve the team and our chances to win and then I will resign. If they can't, then I say, I want to play for a contender

In your dreams.

In your dreams Tavares tells the Islanders he wants to play for a contender like Montreal.

In your dreams the Islanders desperately want a Galchenyuk+Beaulieu return for JT.

In your dreams no other team will pony up anything above what the Habs will offer.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
If I'm Tavares, I tell the Islanders to show me how your going to improve the team and our chances to win and then I will resign.

They don't want to win, the owners are morons and the president is an idiot and Tavares should know that now.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I personally think your somewhat right. Islanders give him the max they can. However, I wonder what Tavares is truly thinking. Money talks but so does championships.

I think there is a 50/50 chance he stays or leaves. Were going to find out this summer!

I would say there are at least 3/4 odds he stays on the Isles.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
We really don't need defense. 1-5 we're incredibly strong and locked up long-term, so unless there's an offseason trade a lot of these offers featuring defensemen simply aren't enticing from our end.

Tanev, Chabot, Carlo - other teams may pay handsomely for these pieces but not the Isles. Beaulieu I'd struggle to pay a 6th rounder for.

Yet every Tavares proposal seems to be:

Downgrade at center
+
Defenseman that's a minor upgrade at best over our current top 4
+
Pick

Start with a center that might actually replace JT as a legit #1C and not Sutter/Galchenyuk/Turris types.

you lumped Sutter in...

with (legit 1c) Galchenyuk and (1/2c) Turris...

lol

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Leafs offer nothing.

If JT wants to wear the blue and white he can sign here as a UFA for a hometown discount, otherwise we don't need more forwards.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Based on the posts above... if the Islanders think there is even a 5% chance tavares doesnt come back... they should trade him.

Tavares is one of those guys teams will pay a HUGE ransom for, and there would definitely be a bidding war.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Based on the posts above... if the Islanders think there is even a 5% chance tavares doesnt come back... they should trade him.

Tavares is one of those guys teams will pay a HUGE ransom for, and there would definitely be a bidding war.

I'm sorry what???? if theres a 95% chance of keeping tavares we should trade him. is this a typo? :help:

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
theres no point of making an offer for signed tavares because he wouldnt be getting traded

I think, if you read between the lines here, he's suggesting that Tavares would agree to an extension if the trade is agreed upon.

As in, he doesn't want to re-sign with NYI so he agrees to a trade and extension with his new team.

Because no team in their right mind is going to give the Islanders anything for Tavares without an extension.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I think, if you read between the lines here, he's suggesting that Tavares would agree to an extension if the trade is agreed upon.

As in, he doesn't want to re-sign with NYI so he agrees to a trade and extension with his new team.

Because no team in their right mind is going to give the Islanders anything for Tavares without an extension.

well, andrew ladd got traded for dano a first and a third without an extension so not to say you're straight up wrong but.... wait yeah you're wrong

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tavares is the best player in the trade so the isles lose at first. No matter what isles fans won't be happy with the package.

The other team would have to pretty much gut their team/system to get Tavares. I don't think many teams would want to do that.

My gut tells me that Tavares is re-signed by the isles. Anythings possible but he's the type of player that if 2-3 years from now he's not happy then he can request a trade.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
well, andrew ladd got traded for dano a first and a third without an extension so not to say you're straight up wrong but.... wait yeah you're wrong

Nope, he's right. Without an extension, Tavares won't get anything on the trade market. Not future considerations, not a 7th rounder in 2028, not even a guy like David Clarkson. No team in their right mind would do that and us Islander fans are silly little fools for thinking any differently.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
2-3 Tavares threads per day. FFS, leave the Isle fans in peace....like vultures circling around here.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Not really interested tbh. Don't see a fit especially with the bug three due to sign soon. Only would be interested as a UFA and hometown discount

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Start with a center that might actually replace JT as a legit #1C and not Sutter/Galchenyuk/Turris types.

you lumped Sutter in...

with (legit 1c) Galchenyuk and (1/2c) Turris...

lol

Turris is a 1C right now. He's not a JT level center, but that's not the minimum requirements for a 1C.

Understandably if the Isles don't need Chabot, then White and Brown would definitely be available as other options. But I don't think the Isles will have any trouble re-signing Tavares. Franchise players like that don't tend to leave their teams in their prime years.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
2-3 Tavares threads per day. FFS, leave the Isle fans in peace....like vultures circling around here.

But then who will tell us how no team in the right mind will give anything for Tavares without an extension?

Turris is a 1C right now. He's not a JT level center, but that's not the minimum requirements for a 1C.

Understandably if the Isles don't need Chabot, then White and Brown would definitely be available as other options. But I don't think the Isles will have any trouble re-signing Tavares. Franchise players like that don't tend to leave their teams in their prime years.

I have Turris as more of a solid #2C than a reliable one. More in Galchenyuk's tier than Sutter's, for sure, but last year he was outscored by Josh Bailey.

From the Sens, I'd want something based around Stone as the centerpiece rather than Turris.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just interested in what offers other teams would put forward if Tavares and the NYI part ways and a sign and trade happens.

If I'm the Habs, I offer Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Pleky (Cap reasons), 1st, and one of (Mete, Hudon, Scherbak, McCarron, Lindgren).

If you feel Tavares fits on your team, what is your best offer?

Please no Beaulieu in these fake trades. It's an embarassment to Hab fans that he's being used as an asset. He's near worthless. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad