Value of: If Edmonton ends up with a top 2 pick

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If ARI have a top 2 pick, probably nothing. If we don't, I'd offer OEL and maybe something else for one of the top 3 picks. I'd offer Chychrun but I don't think we have enough to add onto the pick unless EDM wants our 1st or something.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Not sure why the Oilers fans think their management team even wants good players. Based off of history yall can stfu and accept whatever opposing fans are offering in this thread because that's what you'll likely end up getting.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Do you really think it's the contract value that people have a problem with?
And what's wrong with the term? If he retires its NSH problem not MTL or any other team. So tell me what's wrong with him? Cuz none of you have pointed out any of his weaknesses asides the usual dumb shit too old bs.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Okay, I'll try for 2nd OA

Isles offer Leddy, Bellows, Skarek and our 2019 1st for #2 OA

We can't offer the RH Center because we only have one but Leddy gives you a top pairing LD with PP experience, our 2nd best goalie prospect, a solid winger prospect and a 1st that will be in the low to mid 20's in all likelihood. If you also want Ho-Sang I could add that too.

We don't need a LHD . We don't need goalie prospects . As for the solid winger if we are only get a prospect winger and a late first we might as well keep the pick and have a much better prospect .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The one thing people don’t seem to understand in this thread is that the oilers need elite talent on entry level contract to balance out their cap. Trading the pick is a bad idea IMO

That is why I said a cap dump or 2 needs to go out . But fans only hear what they want . We can not take on cap period .

1st OA + Manning + Benning +Gagner + Puljujarvi to NYR Zibanejab + Kreider to the Oilers

Short term cap dumps that let Edmonton fit the salary coming under the cap . All one year dumps . Edmonton gets 2 players they don't have wait to develop .

NYR fans will argue it is too much . But to get the 1st OA it going to take a package that hurts

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I’d offer nothing but my deepest sympathies to the poor soul Edmonton picks at 1st-6th OA

ya that's about it, hey? there was a suggestion here from one of the media wags on TSN radio that the Oilers should stop drafting Euro wingers....and if they draft #2 overall, then RW Kappo Kakko from Finland would be next up after Hughes!! :laugh: Oilers need a very talented RW but jeez, maybe they should cut their losses after high RW busts like Paajarvi, Yakupov and Puljujarvi and just trade down or trade the pick outright !! :surrender

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I’d offer nothing but my deepest sympathies to the poor soul Edmonton picks at 1st-6th OA

Something would be fishy if edmonton got another top 2 pick. They been in the top 5 every single year it seems.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Now as an Oiler fan I am embarrassed that we are probably going to be picking high yet again . I am not sure if anything will change in Edmonton and the have a piss poor drafting record .

Busts
PRV
Yakupov
Puljujarvi ?

Looking for offers on our pick . what would you offer for the following picks and what cap dumps would you be willing to take back .

1st OA ?
2nd OA ?
3rd OA ?
4th OA ?
5th OA ?
6th OA ?

Oilers needs are wingers , PPQB and Right shooting C
The 2nd overall be way too high. Those picks are never traded

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
If your picking top 3 you expect a player that you can build your team around. It is almost impossible to get full value quality wise trading that pick. You MAY be able to get enough quality via QUANTITY that you can make other moves for it to make sense.

All in all its not going to be easy to maximize the value.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yakupov, RNH, Hall, McDavid, and Pool Party were all no brainers. Hindsight is 20/20 but they cannot be faulted for making those picks.

Draisatl was a fantastic pick
Eberle was a great pick at 22. Only Carlson is better in that chunk of guys.
Nurse was a good pick. It was him or Risto
Klefbom was a great pick

Yamamoto has looked good but it's too soon to say.
Same for Bouchard, but their other option was Dobson.

Drafting isn't really a huge concern in the 1st round. It's the fact that they develop almost no guys outside the 1st. The last guy they drafted outside the 1st, that went on to become an actual impact player was Jeff Petry 12.5 years ago. And before Petry it's Stoll almost 15 yrs ago. It's insane

I don't the panic over their top 5 picks. They've been lucky in wins and unlucky in that some of those years were bad. Keep the pick and draft well, Edmonton isn't going anywhere anytime soon with all the dead weight on the team for the next few years. Nothing that they can get in a trade for that pick will change that.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
1st + 1st + Puljujarvi+ Lucic for OEL
Sign Strome
Sign Panarin

Stone-McDavid-Draisital
Chaisson-RNH-Panarin

OEL-Larsson
Klefbom-Nurse

Not gonna happen because of the cap and other reasons but just for fun lol

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
1st + 1st + Puljujarvi+ Lucic for OEL
Sign Strome
Sign Panarin

Draisital-McDavid-Strome
Chaisson-RNH-Panarin

OEL-Larsson
Klefbom-Nurse

Not gonna happen because of the cap and other reasons but just for fun lol
Strome ? Why not stone and karlsson instead. Also drai plays rw when he is with mcdavid so put panarin on the top line

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Now as an Oiler fan I am embarrassed that we are probably going to be picking high yet again . I am not sure if anything will change in Edmonton and the have a piss poor drafting record .

Busts
PRV
Yakupov
Puljujarvi ?

Looking for offers on our pick . what would you offer for the following picks and what cap dumps would you be willing to take back .

1st OA ?
2nd OA ?
3rd OA ?
4th OA ?
5th OA ?
6th OA ?

Oilers needs are wingers , PPQB and Right shooting C

Just have to be patient. Can't force the process.
At least this time around you have Connor and Leon.
If I'm Edmonton I would look to trade Ryan Nugent Hopkins for picks.
I'm sure fans hate that but I don't see him as a difference maker or core piece for a rebuilding team.
The return would be pretty significant especially at next years trade deadline.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad