If Draisaitl refuses to sign an extension this summer, Should the Oilers trade him or ride it out and go All IN one more time.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Doesnt change the fact theres about 5-6 teams in the east who beat them in 6 or less. They aren’t close to beating any of them
I dont think there is 6 teams in the East who beat them easily, sorry but you're post reeks of bull-shit trolling. Take off your blinders because there isn't 6 teams in the east that easily beat them, I'm not even an Oilers fan but this is just a pathetic attempt at trolling

Reactions: Kerberos and PuckG

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Canucks would be stupid to offer it.
Not necessarily.

They’d be giving up a lot but if they thing Slivlovs can make up most of the difference it wouldn’t be too crazy.

Edmonton on the other hand are desperate for a top goalie.

Downgrading slightly for a 2c might be worth it for them

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The return won't be more than what Drai can bring in playoffs next season..
I would hang onto him for another run and let him walk for free after.. maybe another team will give up a 2nd or 3rd for negotiating rights.

will he be more happy if drai leaves as a ufa?
Why not.. it will show we are serious about winning and potential 14million that we were to give Drai could be spend upon UFAs and reupping Bouchard..

This way Drai becomes the bad guy and not Oilers.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Peak HFB brain

He’s probably a little better
Based on situations he’s better, based on actual hockey ability they are really close.

Youre trading to put a player in a completely different situation/dynamic. Neither Draisaitl nor Pettersson can drive or dictate play. Remove Draisaitl from top powerplay where he is an afterthought to McDavid and he will struggle.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Based on situations he’s better, based on actual hockey ability they are really close.

Youre trading to put a player in a completely different situation/dynamic. Neither Draisaitl nor Pettersson can drive or dictate play. Remove Draisaitl from top powerplay where he is an afterthought to McDavid and he will struggle.
Well I did say Edmonton does get the better part of this deal and would be silly to turn it down.

But maybe Vancouver is really sick of Peteys dumb face and also Demko’s injuries ? In this scenario.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Well I did say Edmonton does get the better part of this deal and would be silly to turn it down.

But maybe Vancouver is really sick of Peteys dumb face and also Demko’s injuries ? In this scenario.
With how lazy Draisaitl plays and back checks, the locker room would go back to being pure cancer.

Silovs is still cheap to run a 1a/2a with Demko.

Draisaitl is best suited for a team where he can continue to be a 2C or a team that has good depth. Boston, Florida, Jersey etc.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
You ride or die with this era you’re not going to go to the SCF and then turn around and trade Leon. You play it out go all in and if he doesn’t sign then you get the cap space. It’s about a Cup for them now not asset management

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I dont think there is 6 teams in the East who beat them easily, sorry but you're post reeks of bull-shit trolling. Take off your blinders because there isn't 6 teams in the east that easily beat them, I'm not even an Oilers fan but this is just a pathetic attempt at trolling
Florida NYR Carolina Boston Tampa Toronto would roll Edmonton lol

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Automatic trade. The team might even be better with him off it, assuming he's not being traded for picks and futures but instead actual players.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Depends on the return. There's zero point to trading Draisaitl for a song but if a decent enough deal can be made, it has to be a strong consideration. Losing a player of his caliber for nothing would be a severe blow for Edmonton.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think him and McDavid have no reason to give Edmonton a discount and their extensions might end up being too much for 2 guys. They are probably better off just getting 2-3 cost controlled players instead.

Think he ends up on the Bruins centering Pasternak.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If he is willing to resign what does it take? 15 mil per? Do him and McDavid just tell the Oilers that they will both be getting max deals and to plan accordingly for 40% to go to both of them.

The Oilers will probably be biting the bullet next summer and just giving McDavid 20% of the cap since they can't lose him and they need him to retire there unlike Wayne. Way easier to do if Draisaitl is moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00