I have maintained since day one that Matthews and Marner are not winners - and I stand by that

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfpaiement

Apr 8, 2024
Both are phenomenally talented hockeyists, one a constant threat with all-around skills, the other a bona fide sniper in the Maurice Richard/Mike Bossy mold. Problem is, Matthews ain't got any heart. He's the Cowardly Lion in Wizard Of Oz-ese. He ain't got "the nerve" to do a Mark Messier or Patrick Roy - to strap the team onto his back and carry them to Cup glory. You see, guys and gals, this is true greatness.

Stats in the regular season don't mean diddly when you get to the playoffs. Matthews could have broken the goal-scoring record this year, popped in 93 goals. Heck, he could have scored 120 this year and the results in the post-season would have been the same: FAILURE.

Although I'm not a Leafs fan per se, I do *honestly* think Toronto will go nowhere until they abandon what they've been doing - loading the top two lines, paying tens of millions on a few players. This kind of thing does not work. Never has, never will.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Both are phenomenally talented hockeyists, one a constant threat with all-around skills, the other a bona fide sniper in the Maurice Richard/Mike Bossy mold. Problem is, Matthews ain't got any heart. He's the Cowardly Lion in Wizard Of Oz-ese. He ain't got "the nerve" to do a Mark Messier or Patrick Roy - to strap the team onto his back and carry them to Cup glory. You see, guys and gals, this is true greatness.

Stats in the regular season don't mean diddly when you get to the playoffs. Matthews could have broken the goal-scoring record this year, popped in 93 goals. Heck, he could have scored 120 this year and the results in the post-season would have been the same: FAILURE.

Although I'm not a Leafs fan per se, I do *honestly* think Toronto will go nowhere until they abandon what they've been doing - loading the top two lines, paying tens of millions on a few players. This kind of thing does not work. Never has, never will.
Then you shouldn’t be here

go away

Reactions: HolyCrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad