Post-Game Talk: I don't care how, just keep winning.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyquistIsMyGod*

What a shot by Tatar. Howard was big tonight as well. Any chance we can make the 2nd PP unit the first one? At least Tatar and Pulkkinen are willing to shoot. Bet if those two were on the PP in OT we wouldn't have had to go to a shootout.

I wanted Pulkkinen out in overtime on the powerplay. 4 on 3 gives him more ice. He was shooting, and damn his shot looks good. First unit is so predictable at this point. Alfredsson hasn't scored in quite some time either.

Just an awful game, and luckily the Oilers are crap.

What a no look pass by Smith though. Thing of beauty.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Tats
Howie
Sheahan

On to the next one; let's hope we can string some wins. Some tough teams coming up, though, and oh boy, we're going to need some puck luck.

I also thought Babcock almost lost the game for us, not the players. This dump and chase/stagnant PP bull**** needs to stop.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Is that because of him, or the other guys he happens to be paired with frequently? How about the goalie for each guy? So many factors with that crap that make it unreliable.

Using that with the eye test makes sense. Reading stats to try to make definitive conclusions is faulty.

You've provided no evidence to the contrary. This, my friend, is faulty argumentation.

Of the three frequent Flyers forwards Meszaros played with, Vinny Lecavelier, Wayne Simmonds, and Scott Hartnell, all three forwards see their CA20 go down noticeably when not playing with Meszaros. Luke Schenn is the only one whose numbers get worse away from Meszaros. For six year SDI, Meszaros ranks in the 26th percentile, which is not very good.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hopefully Tats gets going he hasn't been great lately, but very good tonight. This was a pretty awful game to watch and everyone will get focused on the Smith turnover which was inexcusable but I am fairly tired of watching how this team chooses to play the third period and the strategy deployed by our "great" coach. It allows that tight big mistake to come, we played completely afraid of one of the worst teams in the league and Babs got his 2-1 win basically because Howard stopped one of the best shootout guys in the entire league.

People have asked for Howard to deliver a game, sadly he just did that against Edmonton and we needed him to. Unbelievable shootout, Sheahan was our best player along with Howard. Pretty frustrating not seeing him get a shot on the PP in overtime, almost made me think Edmonton called a timeout not just to rest their guys but to keep that aimless unit out and Sheahan and Tats out.

Sheahan
Howard
Tatar

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
To those who unequivocally predicted defeat after Smyth's goal: well done. Really.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
To those who unequivocally predicted defeat after Smyth's goal: well done. Really.

I always feel iffy when playing against crap teams. I like our chances against the better teams actually.

The team 'almost' collapsed after Smyth's goal.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Listening to Maltby's interview the other day, can definitely see what he was talking about, regarding liking Pulkkinen better because he's not afraid of physical play, or going to the hard areas.

But this season is really making me a Sheahan fan. The more I see him, the more I like.

Johnz96*

Nyquist is on the list twice. I gave Pulkkula a vote because he was great in the very limited opportunity he was afforded. Even had a nice hit.
Once again the kids were the best Wings. Pulkinnen looked great.But Holland will probably sign or trade for some more injury prone veteran depth who you pay a premium for because of their past performance when they were better players making less money.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I am pretty firmly on the Sheahan hype train. Shades of young Kesler?

And Tatar with a sick, sick shootout goal. Nice job from the kids. Howard got it done, too.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
This was a horrible game to watch between two bad teams. Put me in the boat of not making the playoffs. Not only do we have no chance if we somehow sneak in but it will force this organization to do something then sit around and collect dinosaurs.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am pretty firmly on the Sheahan hype train. Shades of young Kesler?

And Tatar with a sick, sick shootout goal. Nice job from the kids. Howard got it done, too.

Doesn't quite skate like Kesler.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Also a great game for Howie. I hope he keeps this up.

I don't know how you guys feel, but any chance Sheahan turns into a Getzlaf-lite/esque player?

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
Nyquist is on the list twice. I gave Pulkkula a vote because he was great in the very limited opportunity he was afforded. Even had a nice hit.
Once again the kids were the best Wings. Pulkinnen looked great.But Holland will probably sign or trade for some more injury prone veteran depth who you pay a premium for because of their past performance when they were better players making less money.

I'd say Pulkkinen looked decent, fine for his first game but definitely not "great." He didn't get very much icetime though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You've a true talent for tremendous exaggeration.

Give him a break tough to kill Howard tonight, he doesn't know what to do.:laugh:

I can only speak to Pre-Yzerman bad from what other people have told me, this has been about as bad as I can remember since the Late 80's when I was still very young. But a lot of people throw out the Dead Wings without understanding the term, like the Oilers need to double what they are doing now, although part of the Dead Wings era problem was they didn't actually get the first overall a bunch. But for those saying here comes the dead Wings era, think about that for a second the Oilers aren't even close to being on a terrible par with that right now.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Most intense game i've ever seen. But for what it's worth, two points. On to the next (hopefully "little bit" better) one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad