I donā€™t care. I am going to say it. These playoff match ups are the result of a divine intervention

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Per your premise, If Toronto has a pathway to the Cup final, donā€™t they to win the 1st round to get there?

I do agree though that the Leafs would definitely prefer not meeting a team like Florida in the 1st round.
The Leafs had the easiest path to a SCF ever in 2021 when they played in the Canadian division and they lost to Montreal in the first round. There is no easy path in the playoffs.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Spoke about only Canadian teams?
āœ…ļø

Spelled "color" with an extra, unnecessary vowel?
āœ…ļø

Yep, he's Canadian.

Someone tell the Rangers and Stars that they have no chance at the cup. None.
The Toronto Maple Leafs profile picture definitely didnā€™t give it away

Reactions: Summer Rose

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If 2 of them make the 2nd round ill be impressed.
I think Vancouver and Edmonton have the best chances to advance, and unfortunately for Canadian fans, they are in the same division. It feels like Winnipeg stole game 1 - it will be hard to repeat that sort of performance vs Colorado. And I wouldn't put money on Toronto coming back vs Boston.

If that's the case, only 1 Canadian team could advance to the conference finals.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
not joking I think all 3 of the western teams have a chance. I didnt stay up late to watch the Preds Nucks game but that would have been my big concern. I think the Jets will get by the Avs the Avs goaltending is below AHL level. I like the Kings but McDria is too much for them.

In the East Leafs gonna Leaf. That was a pretty pathetic excuse for a play off game against a rival. They might get swept.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
speaking as a Canadian, life-long resident and hockey fan in Canada, hopefully all 4 Canadian teams get bounced in the first round.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs had the easiest path to a SCF ever in 2021 when they played in the Canadian division and they lost to Montreal in the first round. There is no easy path in the playoffs.

Any path that required to go through that whole bubble life of covid, a strong Vegas team, and probably the strongest version of the lightning is not really an easy road in aggregate.

But the leafs problem is thay they don't even know how to get off the start line.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I am 4 wins away from being the most elite - level hfboarder...
stilgar-lisan-al-gaib.gif

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All the shifts in the standings over the last few games due to losses/wins is unexplainable. More like shocking. It can't be understated. Everything shook up and teams like EDM, VAN, WPG, and TOR all were granted a pathway to get to the Stanley Cup Final. Can you explain it? No one can. It's so unbelievable that no one even wants to discuss it.

Colour Me Amazed.
ah so what ......look at the paths the leafs had in the North Division a few years ago.
LOL ....still played like ass
Some strong teams, some weak teams ...same every season.
The 24 Caps probably the worst play off team we've seen in years....maybe decades

Any path that required to go through that whole bubble life of covid, a strong Vegas team, and probably the strongest version of the lightning is not really an easy road in aggregate.

But the leafs problem is thay they don't even know how to get off the start line.
you you left out .500 Habs and the "all world" Jets ha! ....who were swept by the Habs.
That was a buy to the final four .

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
All the shifts in the standings over the last few games due to losses/wins is unexplainable. More like shocking. It can't be understated. Everything shook up and teams like EDM, VAN, WPG, and TOR all were granted a pathway to get to the Stanley Cup Final. Can you explain it? No one can. It's so unbelievable that no one even wants to discuss it.

Colour Me Amazed.
you know, I saw something on the latest dangle pod cast where they removed the bad start for the oilers ( I know you can't do this for real) and took away the first 10 games of the season for everyone else and showed the standings.

1. Edmonton
2.Florida

both with 99 points and Edmonton with the tie breaker. I'd say this final has the right teams in it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
ah so what ......look at the paths the leafs had in the North Division a few years ago.
LOL ....still played like ass
Some strong teams, some weak teams ...same every season.
The 24 Caps probably the worst play off team we've seen in years....maybe decades

you you left out .500 Habs and the "all world" Jets ha! ....who were swept by the Habs.
That was a buy to the final four .

There's no such thing as a bye to the final 4 in this league, but at least it seems like you are acknowledging that the last two rounds were very challenging opponents. Like I said, I'm looking at it in aggregate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad