OT: I Am Not Feeling Excited For Next Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
For some reason there's 0 hype, 0 excitement heading into 24/25. This is probably the bleakest situation since 21/22.At least over the last couple years there were some moves made to create some excitement.

Feels like another typical 78-82 point year, with another playoff miss.

I am eager to see how our goaltending is with Ullmark, but it stops right there.

Last edited:

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
For some reason there's 0 hype, 0 excitement heading into 24/25. This is probably the bleakest situation since 21/22.At least over the last couple years there were some moves made to create some excitement.

I am eager to see how our goaltending is such Ullmark, but it stops right there.

What a Negative Nancy you are. The cup is ours.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I feel your dilemma. For the last number of seasons I have been pumping the "new" look Sens to my teenage son as this could be the year he finally gets to see a playoff game in Ottawa. Then comes the anger, depression and just hopelessness. This year, I am taking a different approach. I will believe it when I see it happen. Too bad, It's really a big shame that this team has missed the playoffs so many years now. We were sooooo fortunate all those previous years, really took it for granted to make it to the playoffs.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Another negative thread by Adrianopolous?

curious-monkey.gif

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

I am eager to see how our goaltending is such Ullmark, but it stops right there.

It's late July.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Who would of guessed, surprised it’s not on the mains yet.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

It’s because as a Sens fan you are used to chaos as a sign of things happening but the truth is winning is boring and repetitive and calm because people have their jobs and do them without incident - so what you’re really bored about is the fact that there is no chaos around the team and they have their things in order

Reactions: Duncstar

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The eastern conference feels about as competitive as I can remember, the only teams I don't see having a shot at the playoffs are Clb and MTL, but even then a hot goalie could change that

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
We have needed a few things to come together at the right time for a few years and this is the year the stars align.

Solid goaltending? Check
All of Stu / Norris / Pinto in the lineup at the same time? Check
Two, top 4RD in the lineup? Check
A coach who will create a standard of play and accountability? Check
More jam? Check

It is hard to get too excited but when I look back at the last few years, it really doesn't seem that we are that far off. If the boys can get off to a good start, then I am bullish.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is the first year in idk how long where there isn't a glaring hole that needs to be filled.

It's not a perfect roster, but all the key roles are filled imo.

We have 6 top 6 players 4 top 4 D (all playing their strong side), we have penalty killers and guys for both PP units, a starting goalie that can be relied on,

It might not have the flashy new addition that we had with Dadonov, DBC, Giroux and Chychrun in years past (unless you count Ullmark) but we have what appears to be a well constructed roster.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
There is non stop bitching about the Chychrun and DBC moves. And now you start a thread about how there hasn't been any Chychrun and DBC moves this summer and there's no excitement.

Ullmark was a pretty exciting move and was exactly what we needed.

I am optimistic with Ullmark (and a healthy team), we'll be right in the thick of it with the Caps, Bolts, Wings, and Islanders for the final two playoff spots. We'll be a much tougher team to score on and that should make the difference.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
The boys can just focus on hockey this upcoming season. We have little external bs distractions compared to last season.
We have a coach who’s been talking his shit
We are not missing players from injuries, contract negotiations and suspensions to start the season/training camp
The front office staff is complete
Staios rebalanced the team
We have a promising new goalie
I see about a 15% improvement. It won’t make a lot of noise but I think it should be enough for wildcard

Reactions: LiseL

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Yeah...I'm the same. Last year I came to the realization that this rebuild that we had the last 5-7 years isn't a future cup winner, and that we should probably tear down and rebuild. This time with guys like stutzle and Sanderson as cornerstones.

When we've pissed away so many first round picks and need to forfeit another, this core won't get the improvements it needs to become a true contender. Year down. Collect a bunch of prospect. But this time, DO IT RIGHT and don't piss away all these assets at the halfway part of the build.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's late July.

So? In the past you could be super excited boasting about the team's lineup and chances to win the cup. There was excitement in July..

I'm pretty sure the hockey news predicted us to win the cup after we signed Hasek. July and August was full of big hockey magazines making their annual predictions. Me and my friends would be making mock up lineups and making individual stat predictions for every player. We'd get all excited.

There isn't any excitement about the Ottawa Senators in 2024 lol.

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
We have needed a few things to come together at the right time for a few years and this is the year the stars align.

Solid goaltending? Check
All of Stu / Norris / Pinto in the lineup at the same time? Check
Two, top 4RD in the lineup? Check
A coach who will create a standard of play and accountability? Check
More jam? Check

It is hard to get too excited but when I look back at the last few years, it really doesn't seem that we are that far off. If the boys can get off to a good start, then I am bullish.
Hopefully, you are right, however, some of these are TBD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad