Hypothetical mega star: how would the league deal with this?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Premature off season thread maybe, but the thought popped a couple of times in my mind and I wanted to gather the opinions of you guys.

What would happen if the NHL witnessed the coming of a mega star, I’m talking about the guy who racks up 8-10 points a night, 7 feet tall 280 behemoth that can’t be hurt by the opposition so you can’t stop him. The type of monster you created in EA NHL when you first started playing. After 5 Stanley Cup in a row won exclusively because of him, would the league intervene to nerf this guy?

Your opinion is crucial on this.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
This is the most ridiculous topic ever here, and that’s saying something. Players don’t even score at that rate in juniors. Maybe peewee but nothing over that are you seeing a player average 8-10 points per game. The entire premise here is stupid. It’s like asking what the NFL would do with an indestructible running back who can’t be tackled and scores 10 TDs per game. The premise is so absurd it’s not even worth entertaining.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Premature off season thread maybe, but the thought popped a couple of times in my mind and I wanted to gather the opinions of you guys.

What would happen if the NHL witnessed the coming of a mega star, I’m talking about the guy who racks up 8-10 points a night, 7 feet tall 280 behemoth that can’t be hurt by the opposition so you can’t stop him. The type of monster you created in EA NHL when you first started playing. After 5 Stanley Cup in a row won exclusively because of him, would the league intervene to nerf this guy?

There is already Barkov so..

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011

imagine if there was opponent preventing every other starplayer scoring

Reactions: Craft Beer Lover

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Sweep The Leg Karate Kid GIF - Sweep The Leg Karate Kid Cobra Kai -  Discover & Share GIFs

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
No I didn’t realized that. Thanks for pointing out the obvious for anyone who passed elementary level math course.

Fs some of you can be dense. The point of this thread is to be an out of ordinary scenario.

This isn’t out of the ordinary, this is patently ridiculous, if it was some sort of philosophic thought exercise with a purpose, sure, but it’s pure ridiculous fantasy, not “out of the ordinary.”

Gretzky didn’t even average 2 points per game, you’re saying to 4x or 5x the greatest player in history.

You call me dense for pointing out the absurdity of your scenario, but you don’t seem to understand you’re not pitching something that could possibly happen in reality.

Do you actually think something like this is possible, or you simply want people to join you in a pure fantasy scenario?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
This isn’t out of the ordinary, this is patently ridiculous, if it was some sort of philosophic thought exercise with a purpose, sure, but it’s pure ridiculous fantasy, not “out of the ordinary.”

Gretzky didn’t even average 2 points per game, you’re saying to 4x or 5x the greatest player in history.

You call me dense for pointing out the absurdity of your scenario, but you don’t seem to understand you’re not pitching something that could possibly happen in reality.

Do you actually think something like this is possible, or you simply want people to join you in a pure fantasy scenario?
Obviously more the later, as I prefaced it was just a premature off season kind of thread. But I taught it was an interesting scenario nonetheless and wondered what would happen if such a player came by miracle to the league.

You were free to not play police and just ignore the thread if you felt it was beneath the quality you expect for a thread around here or even report it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad