GDT: Hurricanes v. Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
So how did the Canes look in the first and second? Was this just a terrible third period collapse, or were they getting dominated the whole game?

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
So how did the Canes look in the first and second? Was this just a terrible third period collapse, or were they getting dominated the whole game?

The Devils controlled, but not dominated, the first period. The second period was a reverse of the first.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC

Decent at best bursts of offense, but a general lackluster effort throughout the first 40. The third period was considerably worse.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
This is going to be yet another season outside of the playoffs looking in. This team has the mental toughness of wet tissue paper.

Frank Booth239*

I'm not a big believer in coincidence. The Canes are have the Devils where they want them- the Devils get mad- clothesline poor Nash or whoever that was, the Canes fail to even express displeasure, and then they score 3 times in quick succession with the momentum gained from this domination. You'll see this drama played out numerous times throughout the year, every time they get within sniffing distance of a playoff spot.

The Canes are a team to play your backup goalie against, and take a night off...until they aren't. Then they are a team that can just be out muscled if the score gets out of hand.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I'm not a big believer in coincidence. The Canes are have the Devils where they want them- the Devils get mad- clothesline poor Nash or whoever that was, the Canes fail to even express displeasure, and then they score 3 times in quick succession with the momentum gained from this domination. You'll see this drama played out numerous times throughout the year, every time they get within sniffing distance of a playoff spot.

The Canes are a team to play your backup goalie against, and take a night off...until they aren't. Then they are a team that can just be out muscled if the score gets out of hand.

So what you are saying is we lost the game because Harrison shoved Ryder, who then shoved Nash on the way down?

I agree, toughness screwed us over this time!

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Had Tim "The Warrior" Gleason and K. Westgarth been in the lineup that goon Ryder would've never made it back to his bench.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Did we break 20 shots tonight?

I know we had a measly 5 (to the Devil's 14) after the first, and after the 4th goal, we had 16. Stopped watching after that.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Did we break 20 shots tonight?

I know we had a measly 5 (to the Devil's 14) after the first, and after the 4th goal, we had 16. Stopped watching after that.

18 shots, 9 "chances" to the Devils' 17.

We won the hits battle though, 33-19! Take that, toughness!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah, I think I'm going to watch them on TV from now on unless they come to Charlotte. I think they forgot they still had a 3rd period to play.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Also, funny I buy a ticket for the section the canes shoot twice in and all the goals tonight are scored on the other end of the ice.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
We had 18 shots. We didn't lose because of some faux lacking of accountability, we actually outhit the Devils 33 to 19. We lost because we couldn't create scoring chances and failed to get the puck out of our zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Booth239*

100000000000000000000% sure that Ryder accidentally running into Nash AFTER being pushed by Harrison has absolutely nothing to do with the loss tonight.

I've never seen an elbow across the chops as an accident, but whatever. Fine. It's all Wards fault. And the fact that Marc Andre Bergeron is no longer available to make awesome breakout passes.

Now let me go and be the Facebook page's most annoying poster. I'll make sure to suggest some trades. Gleason to Pittsburgh for Jussi!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm not sure how having Gleason (or whoever defines "toughness" in this case) would have changed the outcome of the game.

Tough guys aren't exactly known for their ability to generate offense, which was the main problem tonight

Frank Booth239*

LOL... someone on the Aftermath just proposed Gleason for Cole, and the guys are saying "yeah, maybe."

/me boggles.

--hank

Go for it brother. Tell them we'll throw in Westgarth. And Tlusty- for Cole and Whitney.

What can we do to get Corvo back as well? Let's put the band back together.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sitting in the first level for the first time in a long time, I saw things a bit differently than I usually do, so I'm having trouble trusting what I saw tonight.

Was the Komi-Bellemore pairing as lost as they looked to me tonight? First of all, the pairing is a terrible idea in the first place, but to me they looked even worse than I thought they were. They're slow, they can't move the puck, and they looked to lose a couple of guys in front which led to goals (again, I was at a weird angle I'm not used to and didn't get the benefit of replay).

But hey, they're tough, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad