OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXII: Wisdom Teeth Removal edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Just picked up my new car. Not very practical up here in NE, but it's just too much fun. Practicality be damned.

2r6gbYO.jpg

BTW, I would say drivers up here in Boston are much better than ones in NC in general, but that is probably because I prefer aggressive to oblivious...

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Just picked up my new car. Not very practical up here in NE, but it's just too much fun. Practicality be damned.

2r6gbYO.jpg

BTW, I would say drivers up here in Boston are much better than ones in NC in general, but that is probably because I prefer aggressive to oblivious...

:hyper:

Don't worry, nobody buys a Mustang for practicality reasons. A RWD V8 might be a little squirrelly on bad roads, but I'd imagine the right set of winter tires will go a long way. I'd probably end up buying a beater though. I mean I have one now, even though 5 storms is considered a bad winter in NC. It's nice to have a pre-dinged, slightly rusty car to take out on days when I'd rather leave my new car in the garage.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

Don't worry, nobody buys a Mustang for practicality reasons. A RWD V8 might be a little squirrelly on bad roads, but I'd imagine the right set of winter tires will go a long way. I'd probably end up buying a beater though. I mean I have one now, even though 5 storms is considered a bad winter in NC. It's nice to have a pre-dinged, slightly rusty car to take out on days when I'd rather leave my new car in the garage.

I'm kind of the opposite. My pride and joy is a Wrangler that I'd rather take out during winter storms and leave my Mazda 3s hatchback cowering in the driveway. The Mazda is a step above a beater though.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Justin (GarnettPalmetto) and I are currently debating what the worst movie ever made is on facebook.

I firmly believe it is Ginger Snaps AINEC, Justin thinks it's the infamous Tommy Wiseau move, The Room, which while bad, still pales in comparison to how ****ing god awful Ginger Snaps is. Seriously, how the **** did this get green lit for two sequels? (which were almost but not quite as bad)

What say you hf canes?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Justin (GarnettPalmetto) and I are currently debating what the worst movie ever made is on facebook.

I firmly believe it is Ginger Snaps AINEC, Justin thinks it's the infamous Tommy Wiseau move, The Room, which while bad, still pales in comparison to how ****ing god awful Ginger Snaps is. Seriously, how the **** did this get green lit for two sequels? (which were almost but not quite as bad)

What say you hf canes?

Clockers. Or this Ben Affleck/Uma Thurman action movie that i can't remember the title of.

Both I turned off. I NEVER turn movies off when watching for the first time.

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm kind of the opposite. My pride and joy is a Wrangler that I'd rather take out during winter storms and leave my Mazda 3s hatchback cowering in the driveway. The Mazda is a step above a beater though.

Yeah, that makes sense. If money were no object, my beater would be something other than a Camry. But it's been with me for 10 years, costs almost nothing to keep around (though I do need to stop putting off a timing belt job), and there's not really any money to spare for a used truck/SUV/Jeep for the next couple of years. So the Camry stays and will probably continue to stay until something bad happens to it.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Yeah, that makes sense. If money were no object, my beater would be something other than a Camry. But it's been with me for 10 years, costs almost nothing to keep around (though I do need to stop putting off a timing belt job), and there's not really any money to spare for a used truck/SUV/Jeep for the next couple of years. So the Camry stays and will probably continue to stay until something bad happens to it.

My Jeep is like your Camry, only needs oil changes. Probably could use new brake pads but I drive it so infrequently now that I can hold off until the Mazda gets rear rotors/pads/calipers and struts/shocks. I'd love if my next job is out of my house or just a bike ride away so I don't have to worry about a vehicle.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

What say you hf canes?

The two worst movies I've seen were The Darkest Hour and Starship Troopers 3. Honorable mention to AVP: Requiem, which I can say I haven't seen, if only because half the scenes were lit so poorly, I literally couldn't see.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC

Yeah, some snow tires and sand bags in the trunk and I imagine things would be fine. Honestly I'll probably end up garaging it all winter anyway...I can take public transit into work in the winter.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Speaking of movies...

With Trump running for president, Hulk Hogan wanting to be his running mate, and Kayne West announcing he will run for President in 2020, how long until Idiocracy becomes reality and not just a really great movie?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
When I was 15 this girl I had the biggest crush on asked if I wanted to go see a movie w/ her and her friend. Of course I said yes and was assuming it would be something like Pirates of the Caribbean or Hollywood Homicide or at least something somewhat interesting. Well it ended up being this atrocious piece of crap. I later come to find out that was their taste in movies and lets just say we parted ways shortly after.

So yeah, that is my vote for worst movie ever. And there were a lot of them in the early 2000's.

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I scanned the 100 worst movies list on IMDB to get an idea of which one I would vote for.

Thankfully, I have seen none of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad