OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLV: Y2K Twenty-Four Years Later

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So in recent Twitter news, Elon released the 2.0 version of his AI on Twitter. Users quickly realized that there's zero filter on what that AI will generate, and it's a bit wild.

1723818771763.png

1723818838973.png

1723818972406.png

Also, so many images of Musk, various political figures, celebrities, etc committing 9/11, school shootings, etc.

It's going to go down in flames.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So if Nintendo or Disney sues Grok (AI) who is responsible for the copyright infringement?

To my limited understanding, AI images themselves cannot be copyrighted, because they use data from images created by others, which is copyrighted themselves. Other such image generators have limits on what they generate, both in terms of copyrighted characters and in terms of content in the image.

Musk's AI doesn't appear to have such a limit. Or, at least, one that's working. And since he's the one responsible for the program that's using these copyrighted characters, he would be responsible for the copyright infringement.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Musk has definitely got to do something though, because an image of him walking out of an elementary school, rifle in hand, blood trail behind him, joining Mario and Mickey Mouse (who is wearing a shirt with "Crisis Actor" on it) outside has been seen over 2.6 million times on Twitter alone.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Musk has definitely got to do something though, because an image of him walking out of an elementary school, rifle in hand, blood trail behind him, joining Mario and Mickey Mouse (who is wearing a shirt with "Crisis Actor" on it) outside has been seen over 2.6 million times on Twitter alone.
As someone who subscribes to chaos. It's interesting times.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Side, side, side, side, side note. Mickey Moouse entered the public domain on January 1 2024.

Not quite. Steamboat Willie is public domain. Mickey Mouse is still copyrighted. The gloves are a small distinction between the two, but a rather important one.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So in recent Twitter news, Elon released the 2.0 version of his AI on Twitter. Users quickly realized that there's zero filter on what that AI will generate, and it's a bit wild.

View attachment 901397

View attachment 901399

View attachment 901400

Also, so many images of Musk, various political figures, celebrities, etc committing 9/11, school shootings, etc.

It's going to go down in flames.
Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when Twitter was going to go down in flames 2 years ago. Yet here we are...

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
And here, we are also here:

Brussels has accused its internal market commissioner of going rogue by sending a letter to Elon Musk threatening punishment if content posted on social media site X was found to place EU citizens at risk of “serious harm”.Thierry Breton, the French commissioner, had posted the warning letter on X, the platform owned by Musk, hours before the billionaire interviewed US presidential candidate Donald Trump, also on X. On Tuesday the European Commission denied Breton had approval from its president Ursula von der Leyen to send the letter. “The timing and the wording of the letter were neither co-ordinated or agreed with the president nor with the [commissioners],” it said.
Musk responded to the letter from Breton with a meme from the 2008 film Tropic Thunder, that showed one character yelling: “Take a big step back and literally f*** your own face.”

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
And here, we are also here:

I mean its wild to imagine an unelected European technocrat having the audacity to threaten the richest man in the world because he just broadcasts a conversation with an American Presidential candidate. On an American platform. In America. And then getting a dick wagged in his face, lol.

Yet here we are.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean its wild to imagine an unelected European technocrat having the audacity to threaten the richest man in the world because he just broadcasts a conversation with an American Presidential candidate. On an American platform. In America. And then getting a dick wagged in his face, lol.

Yet here we are.

The letter literally had nothing to do with Trump. It was more about the rise of misinformation, bigotry and illegal content that has become more commonplace on the platform since Musk took over, and his inability (or refusal) to enforce his own policies that forbid such content.

Reactions: cptjeff

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Side side side side note. I looked them up, they are lady wraslers. I haven't watched in decades.

Worth a look see, although I think his order may be wrong.
I mean if I had to rank all of them.

1. Tiffany Stratton
2. Alexa Bliss
3. Becky Lynch
4. Kairi Sane
5. Roxxanne Perez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad