OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIV: The Previous Thread Has Been Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Oh nice!

Interested to hear how the new island is. Been seeing a lot of not so positive reviews, which is very unlike DCL.
Moving this discussion out of the Canada Day lack of signing drama and getting the Lounge out of mythological fanfic:

Lighthouse point has some great things, but it’s not 100% done yet. I liked getting to go see other parts of South Eluthera but the road out of Lighthouse Point isn’t even paved yet. Made for a rough start and end of the excursion.

The beaches are gorgeous. I liked the food much more than Castaway Cay but I’m a fan of fish and spice. Rest of my family wasn’t as enthused by the food. I would definitely go there again, but I’ll be fine going on the Treasure next year and “only” doing San Juan, Tortola, and Castaway Cay.

All in all, a successful vacation as I got to ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, Cosmic Rewind, and Tron for the first time and saw Dreams that Soar and Luminous in addition to the cruise.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Russians are bombing… the biggest children hospital in UA. Yes. Russian federation is becoming cartoonishly evil.

Yet there are still fu^ks who complain their bi^chasses used for propaganda can’t compete at the Olympic Games under the right flag.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Currently having internship at E.R.

Had a 90 yo old (much lower biological age, she had almost no meds) with COVID-19 pneumonia recently.
Had to stay at critical care unit because of severe respiratory failure for a time, but recovered to the point of being dismissed home.
Didn’t expect COVID-19, but I was like… what if.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Thank you. Yes on the flight home from Dublin I suspect. I was surrounded by a tour group of elderly folks who were hacking and coughing the whole 8 hours back. The lady beside me shared they’d all been sick on their bus throughout their trip. My friends went to Austria and Germany in May and came back with it, too. Took them 2 weeks to recover.

I tried hard to crush the Vitamin C and Zinc daily before and while away to no avail.
I hope you get well soon. Did you catch this locally or were you traveling in Europe? I've had a few friends/family get COVID recently while across the pond.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Thank you. Yes on the flight home from Dublin I suspect. I was surrounded by a tour group of elderly folks who were hacking and coughing the whole 8 hours back. The lady beside me shared they’d all been sick on their bus throughout their trip. My friends went to Austria and Germany in May and came back with it, too. Took them 2 weeks to recover.

I tried hard to crush the Vitamin C and Zinc daily before and while away to no avail.
Vitamin D helps a lot

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Mini social media rant. Dear FB and X, yes I am a fan of hockey and the Carolina Hurricanes, I am not a fan every single hockey team and their fans, stop pushing Rangers shitposting to my timeline.
Knowing what I know about FB and X I wouldn't advise holding your breath while you wait for them to improve the user experience.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Another user complaint towards YT and FB, I don't care for motorcycle videos, either it's a wreck or them running from police. I've told YT and FB 100s of times I'm not interested and it's irrelevant.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Re: the new Covid variant....does anybody know how effective the current/latest vaccine is?
Not sure but I read that new one is coming by end of summer. I guess it's for the FLiRT variants and especially for the acute upper respiratory concerns causing ER visits. The barking cough that I have has been terrible and lingering.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Not sure but I read that new one is coming by end of summer. I guess it's for the FLiRT variants and especially for the acute upper respiratory concerns causing ER visits. The barking cough that I have has been terrible and lingering.
Thanks....I will get another vaccine but was holding off until the Fall...probably will continue to do so until that version surfaces.

Had you ever had Covid before (I'm a 3 time Covid "survivor" - once before vaccines were available and twice after)?

I will say that the times I got Covid after receiving the jab were significantly less impactful. More like a bad cold or a 1 day flu thing.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Thanks....I will get another vaccine but was holding off until the Fall...probably will continue to do so until that version surfaces.

Had you ever had Covid before (I'm a 3 time Covid "survivor" - once before vaccines were available and twice after)?

I will say that the times I got Covid after receiving the jab were significantly less impactful. More like a bad cold or a 1 day flu thing.
This is my 3rd time - all after the vaccine. I have had 4 vaccines but had not had a booster this year. I didn't get it the first time until very late into the pandemic. My 83 year old Dad has tested positive 3X and has been completely asymptomatic every incidence while my Mom has struggled.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Thank God they crashed out in Copa so at least they have a shot at not going 0-3 on home soil in 2026.

They still might, but at least if they play their cards right they might be entertaining.

Reactions: bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Thank God they crashed out in Copa so at least they have a shot at not going 0-3 on home soil in 2026.

They still might, but at least if they play their cards right they might be entertaining.
I’ve been watching since the days of Thomas Dooley and remember when Claudio Reyna was the up and coming prospect. This team holds more hope for me than any version I’ve ever followed, they’ve never had more talent. There seems to be an equal amount of drama around this team though. They’ve got time to focus, and now that this issue is finally behind them they no longer have any excuses to hide behind.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I’ve been watching since the days of Thomas Dooley and remember when Claudio Reyna was the up and coming prospect. This team holds more hope for me than any version I’ve ever followed, they’ve never had more talent. There seems to be an equal amount of drama around this team though. They’ve got time to focus, and now that this issue is finally behind them they no longer have any excuses to hide behind.

They’ll f*** up this hire, too.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

A 3 trillion dollar increase is insane.

To put that in perspective:

A million seconds ago is 11 days ago
A billion seconds ago is 1993
A trillion seconds ago is 29,600 BC

And they earned three times the amount of that last number over 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad