OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIV: The Previous Thread Has Been Cancelled

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
but it's a dry heat... lol
I just ran a quick wet bulb calculator, which is the measure of the temperature with evaporative cooling, aka sweating, factored in. And 130 at 5% humidity (61 degrees) is a good 20 degrees cooler than 100 at 50% humidity (82 degrees), or even cooler than 100 at 30%, which gets you 71 degrees. The human body stops being able to cool itself at 87 degrees wet bulb temperature.

So you joke, but your body is actually able to operate in extremely hot but dry temperatures far better than the hot and humid crap of central NC. Just bring water. And salts. Because that cooling is entirely dependent on you being able to sweat.

f*** the sun.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I just ran a quick wet bulb calculator, which is the measure of the temperature with evaporative cooling, aka sweating, factored in. And 130 at 5% humidity (61 degrees) is a good 20 degrees cooler than 100 at 50% humidity (82 degrees), or even cooler than 100 at 30%, which gets you 71 degrees. The human body stops being able to cool itself at 87 degrees wet bulb temperature.

So you joke, but your body is actually able to operate in extremely hot but dry temperatures far better than the hot and humid crap of central NC. Just bring water. And salts. Because that cooling is entirely dependent on you being able to sweat.

f*** the sun.

I can confirm this. Lived in the San Joaquin Valley in Cali while in the Navy 115 with jet exhaust blowing in you is much more comfortable than 95 here in July

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006

f*** the sun.
Yeah, i grew up in eastern nc, and spent my summers in jeans and long sleeves out in tobacco fields. Wish we had had dry heat.

But now i'm old and fat and in love with air conditioning. I assume dry heat would make me bitch about like any other heat these days.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Like, say, Jesse Marsch!

Oh wait...
Not hiring him was a f***ing joke. One of the few US managers that has EVER been fairly successful at the highest levels of the game, and it's "nope, the guy that got tactically clowned by the Dutch then threw one of his players under the bus publicly but has a brother that's a former exec for US soccer needs to come back"

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I mean, the USMNT lost to Trinidad and Tobago in that infamous game that knocked them out of World Cup contention. That right there should have been the indicator that USMNT isn't very good. I guess talent wise they aren't bad but whenever I watch they don't play as a team.

I didn't know this, the coach got his professional start in Raleigh playing for a team called the Flyers back in 1993.

Pretty much. I'm not trying to take anything away from USWNT but other countries they play against barely at best fund women's soccer.
The Flyers used to play on a tiny field out at CASL.

They even had a friendly with the new England Revolution which probably had less fans show up than a NCAA mens game.

I have a Flyer from the game somewhere that was signed by Alexi Lalas and iirc Thomas Dooley.

Dec 30, 2013
I'm in Costa Rica at the moment, and was hoping to take advantage of regional pricing to get some subscriptions that I can't justify at the US rates, or that I have but want to lower the price of.

Managed to get the platinum HBOMax package for $7.60/mo. Happy with that, was not going to pay the ~$20/mo they want in the US.

Could not get Google to accept payment for YouTube Premium. Really disappointed with that one, would have been more than half off and I am not willing to pay what they want in the US. No luck with Amazon for Prime. Would have been ~€50/yr, which would have been a nice price cut.

Oh well, at least I can easily watch South Park again ha

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That’s kind of gay. No issue with that, just saying many Sun deities are male.

True, but there are many female sun/day goddesses as well. Norse mythology has Sol, Greek has Eos, Japanese has Amaterasu. And then take into account many mythologies have deities that can switch genders on a whim. So if he wants to f*** the sun, that's between him and whichever mythology he chooses to follow.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad