OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I cant tell the difference at times from my tinnitus vs cicadas

Preach.

Ewww. When are they due to clear out? I haven’t seen them on any trails on the Parkway.

I am already nervousing about encountering creatures and creeps when I have to take the puppy out multiple times in the night. We have a lot of ground hogs and wild cats in my condo complex.

I think they are peaking in this area about now. I think you will need to wait longer as they start emerging when the soil temperatures hit 64F a few inches below the soil. I imagine being at higher elevations where you are means that is going to be starting soon-ish?

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Map below explains why some have them and some don’t . Blue and red are the different brood locations.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
To be clear: I expect ZERO sympathy here. But, as soon as my battered heart just begins to have a whisper of hope for my Knicks, Brunson gets some mysterious Leaf-like injury. Can't make this crap up lol.

1715215921179.png

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
It's the constant nature that's driving me crazy. Just a background buzz throughout the day and you don't notice it until you start to get a headache.
Really loud here now. Its sounds like a the Kirk version Enterprise transporter on nitro

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
There were also some spectacularly well-bribed referees.
as well as voters. The FIFA awarding process has always been corrupt but under Blatter it took things to another level entirely. 2014 wasn't as bad since neither Argentina nor Brazil (the two that actually have the infrastructure to host it) were going to play his stupid games. But 2010 was the most corrupt awarding of the tournament EVER (supposedly Morocco was the nation that actually won the vote)... until the 2018 and 2022 tournaments were awarded under Blatter.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad