Rumor: Hurricanes interested in Klingberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
With nills job likely on the line , he has full pressure to win now . Trading klingberg doesn’t help the stars win now unless a good roster player is coming back . Canes probably aren’t gonna send one of there you g forwards back so it’s hard to see this happening .

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
With nills job likely on the line , he has full pressure to win now . Trading klingberg doesn’t help the stars win now unless a good roster player is coming back . Canes probably aren’t gonna send one of there you g forwards back so it’s hard to see this happening .

The main thing that's going to impede a potential deal is that the Stars are playing a lot better and are probably back in the playoff picture.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Tough to say I guess.. he's an upcoming UFA and his point totals have dipped the past few years and turns 30 next year.

I'd have to look at previous years trades that would be comparable to see what the returns were for a UFA/ potential rental

Would definately be smart for Dallas to move him though IMO and get anything in return cause I'd imagine they won't wanna re sign him in the offseason
Dipped seems a little misleading. He is not on a decline. Slow start to this year but so has every other star. His defense is very underrated. But his real skill set is walking that blue line making plays. As someone who watches him a ton and still hopeful Dallas signs him as he is by far their best playmaker on the blue line klingberg will get a haul if traded rental or not. Dallas’ system suppresses offense as well. He is a RHD who can be your PP1 QB.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
The main thing that's going to impede a potential deal is that the Stars are playing a lot better and are probably back in the playoff picture.
Yes. Four game winning streak and 7-3 in the last 10. They have the pieces needed to be a tough opponent against anyone in the playoffs. I'm pretty confident Klingberg will stay in Dallas until the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad