Rumor: Hurricanes interested in Klingberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
DeAngelo and Klingberg on the same team seems a bit redundant. Not really sure where this makes sense…at all, but it’s somewhat hard to question the Canes front office with how successful they reconstructed the team on the fly this off-season.

The only sense I can make of it would be that they might prefer Klingberg over TDA longer term, but they have some leverage with TDA as he’ll be an RFA vs Klingberg being a UFA to be. They’d have to feel somewhat confident they’d be able to retain Klingberg as I’d think as the acquisition cost likely won’t be cheap.

Pesce-Klingberg-Bear seems pretty good with a left side of Slavin-Skjei-Cole. However, it’s not as if their current D corp is lacking since they have the best record in the league at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fisticuffer

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Why though? ADA fills that role. They've got Pesce. Klingberg feels like a waste there.

Bear has been solid, but that Top 4 (Slavin/Bear/Skjei/Pesce) is missing some offensive punch. DeAngelo is a question mark defensively; his 3rd pairing role at full health is probably ideal usage.

Enter the need for an offensive defenseman that is a little more trustworthy in his own zone. Hamilton was perfect for how the rest of the defense was structured. Klingberg offers similar utility.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
DeAngelo and Klingberg on the same team seems a bit redundant. Not really sure where this makes sense…at all, but it’s somewhat hard to question the Canes front office with how successful they reconstructed the team on the fly this off-season.

The only sense I can make of it would be that they might prefer Klingberg over TDA longer term, but they have some leverage with TDA as he’ll be an RFA vs Klingberg being a UFA to be. They’d have to feel somewhat confident they’d be able to retain Klingberg as I’d think as the acquisition cost likely won’t be cheap.

Pesce-Klingberg-Bear seems pretty good with a left side of Slavin-Skjei-Cole. However, it’s not as if their current D corp is lacking since they have the best record in the league at the moment.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought there was some redundancy.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Yes please. Klingberg needs to go because he doesn’t have a future in Dallas with his presumed contract demands. They need to get something for him while they still can. And he would be a great fit for Carolina.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Wonder what Carolina would offer Dallas for Klingberg, the Canes don’t have a 1st rd pick in 2022, so Carolina would probably have to part with a higher end prospect.

What are Dallas needs positionally?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Klingberg is available, LA should be in on him. They've got the prospects, picks, and cap space to make it work.

Next season:

Klingberg - Doughty
Bjornfot - Clarke
Anderson - Durzi

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wonder what Carolina would offer Dallas for Klingberg, the Canes don’t have a 1st rd pick in 2022, so Carolina would probably have to part with a higher end prospect.

What are Dallas needs positionally?

A younger right handed defenseman than Klingberg. One with some offensive ability would be nice This is the Stars biggest need. They don't have any .

Heimosalmi looks interesting since Stars are collecting Finns anyway.

But Stars started winning and are close to a playoff spot. So moot point for now. We'll see how this looks when the deadline nears and how Klingberg contract negotiations go.

Last edited:

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Carolina has probably the most aggressive GM aside from Vegas in just acquiring anything and everything. HOW MANY DMEN DO THEY NEED!!! lol

Reactions: hn777

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If Klingberg is available, LA should be in on him. They've got the prospects, picks, and cap space to make it work.

Next season:

Klingberg - Doughty
Bjornfot - Clarke
Anderson - Durzi
Klingberg is a RHD.

Someone will overpay for him if he's available, despite him having a rough season so far and being very suspect defensively.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Stars should get a big haul for him.

Tough to say I guess.. he's an upcoming UFA and his point totals have dipped the past few years and turns 30 next year.

I'd have to look at previous years trades that would be comparable to see what the returns were for a UFA/ potential rental

Would definately be smart for Dallas to move him though IMO and get anything in return cause I'd imagine they won't wanna re sign him in the offseason

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
They need a guy like Backlund to really put them over the top. Their D is fine, but Backlund + Mackey for Necas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad