OT: Hurricane Milton

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Praying hard for it to dissipate and hopefully not be as bad as some predict.

Between Helene and now Milton, it's just hard to see.

I'll take a snowstorm any day of the week.

Reactions: Fenway

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have a friend who lives in Florida on the Atlantic side but his daughter lives in Sarasota. The company she works for has opened the building to employees - it is built to withstand cat 5 storms. I still don't know if I would want to stay but understand the logistics of getting out of the way are limited.

Fenway, I hope you don't get any water damage. How close to the coastline is your place?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
All we can do is watch and pray

FULL DISCLOSURE - I own property in Madeira Beach and I have insurance for wind damage but not water.

I paid off the mortgage 3 months ago after 30 years

I used to live in Pinellas Park and always enjoyed going to Madeira Beach. Still have quite a few friends in the Tampa area.

I don't want this hurricane to hit anywhere, but we know that won't be the case. At least if it wobbles a little further south, it won't be as bad for a lot of people I know personally. I hope your property avoids significant damage. Do you have anyone that can check on it for you after the storm?

If it hits at a certain point south of Tampa, it could actually drain the bay significantly.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It is sad that there is little talk about Mexico, it must be devastating and the people have so little. This meteorologist gets it, the emotion is real. This is a killer storm and global warning means more of this to come, more often.

thankfully it mostly went north of the Yucatan so it was just a glancing blow to the peninsula (the eye never came close to making landfall). Not to say it didn't do damage, they got a lot of rain and a lot of flooding, but had it made landfall at the strength it was there, it would have been devastating .

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
my mom is in Naples and my wife and her mom are currently in St Augustine. praying for all that are affected

boo Milton!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Lived in Pasco for a long time, also Pinellas and Tampa so I know a lot of people down there. Hoping it's not too bad but looking like the TB area and St Pete are gonna get it badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad