OT - NO POLITICS Hurricane Milton - The roof of Tropicana Field has been destroyed

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
We are still due for the strongest winds in the next few hours. Power is out, as expected

Reactions: BMC

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Who the hell thought leaving that crane up there was a great idea?!?! They should be forced to pay to fix all the damage it cased an not FEMA. Gross negligence. Thank god no one was killed.

A tower crane that large takes a good 5 days to remove, including bringing in a second crane to assist. Getting the second crane was probably the issue.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Well that was fun
IMG_4195.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So overall is the general consensus not as bad as Ian?
Depends on where you are in the state. Sarasota/Bradenton look real bad from what I've seen so far. I would also imagine the barrier islands are obliterated. The tornadoes will likely be a large part of the post Milton conversation. You rarely see a wedge, long track tornado in a hurricane. These things look like the ones that form here in OK and the plains.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Who the hell thought leaving that crane up there was a great idea?!?! They should be forced to pay to fix all the damage it cased an not FEMA. Gross negligence. Thank god no one was killed.

It's all but impossible to do given the timeline. You're looking at a week or so just to take it down, and you need to bring in another crane of equal size to help dismantle it.

Reactions: Alicat and Gordoff

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Nadine could be right behind Milton

Helene closed the main TB restaurant for 6 weeks I can imagine thats doubled now if not closed indefinitely.

Which must be why they are rushing the marlin bar opening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad