OT: Hurricane Michael

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
welp, I have a flight scheduled into Charlotte on Thursday landing at 6pm. what do you think the chances are that I actually land anywhere near that time?
Not the greatest? Depends on how fast it slows down (Wind speeds not it's speed since we know it's going to Accelerate) Also depends on where you are leaving from.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
At least this one Has to go though Florida Georgia and South Carolina to get to most of us. Now for those in those locations it's not good. (Nor for the SE portion of our state. They don't need more skywater.)

Every time I check back this one keeps getting worse. I agree SC and NC low country can't take another river swell from the rain Michael will drop, even in a short run through the Carolinas.

I do worry that NC is mostly going to be rebuilding the state ourselves. Once Michael is done with the panhandle I think most of the national fundraising will be going there.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
The one slightly good thing about this storm is that it appears to be moving pretty fast. I think you'll be good by Friday night.
Yeah, I saw it will be out of the state by Thursday night. I just don’t know the widesweeping issues this will cause to airlines. I wouldn’t be surprised if plane/crew doesn’t get to the right place when they should upstream of me and that inevitably screws up everything else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad