WC: Hungary 2023 roster talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
First time in a long time that Hungary is back in the top division. Im looking forward to watch them. They have a pretty good team.

Horvath/Kornakker/Rajna/Hetenyi/Halasz/Farkas

Hadobas - Henrik Nilsson
Sziranyi - Macaulay
B.Szabo - D.Szabo
Milan Horvath - Stipsicz

Gallo - Papp - Sebok
Hari - Sarauer - Bartalis
Erdely - Kulmala - Magosi
Sofron - Vas - Gergö Nagy
Terbocs

Something like that. Henrik Nilsson is swedish and is a good add. Too bad they dont have Robin Kovacs. And yes, Kulmala is from Finland and Macaualy and Sarauer are canadians.

The legendary Janos Vas is finished when it comes to offensive game, but his grit and experiance makes him a valuable 4th center.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Something like that.
Not really sure what's the point of listing the lineup if you aren't gonna get it even close to correct.

Few thoughts:

1) Stipsicz is probably the best defenseman on the team, he is listed playing on the right side 4th pair...
2) Hadobas is listed on the 1st pair when we all understand full well isn't going to be playing there. Knowing the way coaches are he is not unlikely to start out of the lineup completely.
3) Hari will center Erdely and whoever their 3rd linemate is going to be. Erdely-Hari connection is the most established, unbreakable thing in the whole lineup.
4) Sebok is going to center the other top-6 line because again, that's just how Hungarian NT works. Slotting probably their best all-around center on the wing is slightly odd.
5) Macaulay is playing in some league I have never heard of before and isn't exactly setting it on fire so as far as Hungarian NT is concerned, he is retired.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not really sure what's the point of listing the lineup if you aren't gonna get it even close to correct.

Few thoughts:

1) Stipsicz is probably the best defenseman on the team, he is listed playing on the right side 4th pair...
2) Hadobas is listed on the 1st pair when we all understand full well isn't going to be playing there. Knowing the way coaches are he is not unlikely to start out of the lineup completely.
3) Hari will center Erdely and whoever their 3rd linemate is going to be. Erdely-Hari connection is the most established, unbreakable thing in the whole lineup.
4) Sebok is going to center the other top-6 line because again, that's just how Hungarian NT works. Slotting probably their best all-around center on the wing is slightly odd.
5) Macaulay is playing in some league I have never heard of before and isn't exactly setting it on fire so as far as Hungarian NT is concerned, he is retired.
Hadobas as far as i know is considered to be the best prospect Hungary have got in a long long time.

Macaulay is nationalized canadian, i guess he has to have something.

You know your stuff, i wont deny that. I could ask you for best possible team Spain now, and you will give it to me.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hadobas as far as i know is considered to be the best prospect Hungary have got in a long long time.

Macaulay is nationalized canadian, i guess he has to have something.

You know your stuff, i wont deny that. I could ask you for best possible team Spain now, and you will give it to me.
Regarding Hadobas, that is true (although Papp could probably make a case for himself) and that's why I think it would be crazy for them to not have him on the roster at all but you know how this works. Ultimately, he has spent most of the season playing junior hockey, he will be worked into the lineup slowly, not thrown to the wolves.

Macaulay flew back to play in Canada so I think his affiliation with Hungary is by and large over. As is his affiliation with pro hockey since I'm pretty sure the league he is playing in is semi-pro. There are other naturalized options there like Jesse Dudas or Kevin Wehrs but as history shows, they don't just get an invite by having a pulse and a passport.

And Spain, nah, probably not.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Is Papp the top forward for Hungary? Was just looking at Northern Michigan's top players and trying to determine their pro potential.

Impressive that he's been playing for men's national team since his teens.

And where does his teammate goalie Beni Halasz fit in the mix?

Played 35 games for the Wildcats as a 21-year-old freshman.

Last edited:

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Is Papp the top forward for Hungary? Was just looking at Northern Michigan's top players and trying to determine their pro potential.

Papp might have the potential to be, but he's currently not Hungary's best forward. Sebok, Hari, maybe Gallo at least are in a class ahead of him.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Like Hanji said, Papp is in the middle of the pack behind Sebok. Gallo, Erdely and Hari. Someone better than those would basically be an NHL player or star in the big European league, I think it's safe to say Papp isn't at that level yet. And, frankly, seems less and less likely he is going to be, I think a career like Sebok's would be a really successful one for him now.

Halasz might actually be an even more important player for them, he will be their first goalie for years maybe starting next year already if he continues to progress. All current Hungarian goalies range from very mediocre to barely passable but really old so the moment he signs a pro contract it's his crease to lose.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Roster in last games

Gergely Arany
Miklos Rajna
Bence Balizs

Gergely Toth
Roland Kiss
Milan Horvath
Zsombor Garat
Bence Stipsicz
Nandor Fejes
Bence Sziranyi
Bence Szabo
Zeteny Hadobas

Kristof Papp
Janos Hari
Istvan Bartalis
Krisztian Nagy
Daniel Koger
Gergo Nagy
Csanad Erdely
Akos Mihaly
Istvan Terbocs
Vilmos Gallo
Istvan Sofron
Peter Vincze
Balint Magosi
Tamas Sarpatki
Natan Vertes

Last edited:

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Final roster

Kapusok: Arany Gergely (FTC-Telekom), Bálizs Bence (JKH GKS Jastrzabie, lengyel), Horváth Dominik (Hydro Fehérvár AV19),

Hátvédek: Fejes Nándor (Gyergyói HK), Garát Zsombor (BJA), Hadobás Zétény (Västeras, svéd), Horváth Milán (Hydro Fehérvár AV19), Kiss Roland (DVTK Jegesmedvék), Pozsgai Tamás (BJA), Stipsicz Bence (Hydro Fehérvár AV19), Szabó Bence (BJA), Szirányi Bence (DVTK Jegesmedvék)

Csatárok: Bartalis István (Hydro Fehérvár AV19), Csányi Karol (Zvolen, szlovák), Erdély Csanád (Hydro Fehérvár AV19), Galló Vilmos (Linköping, svéd), Hári János (Hydro Fehérvár AV19), Kóger Dániel (Corona Brasov, romániai), Nagy Gergő (FTC-Telekom), Nagy Krisztián (BJA), Papp Kristóf (Northern Michigan University, amerikai), Sebők Balázs (Ilves, finn), Sofron István (Csíkszereda), Terbócs István (Hydro Fehérvár AV19), Vincze Péter (Gyergyói HK)

Reactions: Nexon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad