• Jake Tuba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zac Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Do you think that Miller stays with Fox when Lindgren gets back?

Should be the easiest decision the team makes to keep them together.

Screenshot (330).png

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Drury doesn't think too highly of Lindgren based on his contract. My only hope is it's both Drury and Lavi.

Lindgren is getting paid 4.5 mill this year coming off an abysmal season and a train wreck playoff run. Drury thinks too highly of him. He should have been shipped out before free agency began.

I think he certainly showed some level of caution giving him a one year deal which was the least shitty of the shitty options when it came to RL. He's going to get every single centimeter of slack when he comes back and I'm sure he'll get the injury excuse to lean on if/when he really struggles.

I don't wish injury on anyone but I wish he were out for a bit longer just so the other pairs could have more time to establish themselves to the point where Lavi might be inclined to flip things when Lindgren inevitably makes Fox worse. Although part of the problem is you can't really put Lindgren anywhere else because while he's bad with Fox, he's so much worse with anyone else.

He's the 8th best defenseman on this roster though, he should be a scratch no matter how much money he's making and hopefully Dru wises up and he's traded mid season.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It bothers me that Mancini probably won't get significant reps this year with out injuries becoming a thing. So many decent to good tools to work with and it's clear that his issues at this level are things that can be sorted by getting reps.

It would have been a bigger deal had this game not played out the way that it did but LOL at Kreider's effort tonight.

Ditto Trouba. We got a bad Trouba game and they still won comfortably.

I'm also okay with them inserting Rempe in for Brodzinski next game as I've hated pretty much everything he's done in the last 2.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
f***ing embarrassing by the league and ESPN trying to pretend Detroit is relevant. All game long talking up Detroit while they're getting their shit kicked in and when they score to make it 5-2 it's "and they narrow the margin to make this closer!"

f***s sake

"Detroit has looked good 5v5!" in the first while most of their pressure came off early PP's

all around atrocious shit

Horrendous team. They were the crown jewel of the NHL during my 90s-2000s childhood. Hard to believe they’ve fallen to this.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
If I’m Drury I’m sending Lindgren to a team that’s gotten off to a slow start and needs defensive help. Why ride the year out and let him walk when you can get something for him now
Doubt drury has any idea that the team is better without Lindgren right now. That’s been a fact forever and yet they resigned him

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wouldn't put a whole lot of relevance into one poor performance early in the year. I think the Red Wings do have a shot at making the playoffs. The Rangers tonight just destroyed them with the power play. That took the life right out of them......and it again shows why the 5 men we have on our first unit should stay together as a group. It's as lethal a power play unit as there is in the league and when it's on it can take over a game. When a penalty kill is being abused the way it was tonight it takes some of the freedom away to play loose and take chances from the other team. That's for real intimidation.

Also Quick looked pretty sharp.

Congrats to Mancini on his first NHL goal. I suspect that when Lindgren comes back into the lineup barring any other injury the Rangers will send him to Hartford but I already like him better than Lindgren. From what I've seen in training camp and the first 4 games of this year he's NHL ready and he's going to get better. I think he's already comparable to Schneider.

Panarin looks like he's ready to tear up the league in the regular season again.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad